AC-DC

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
They're going to be at the Meadowlands in September. We have tickets, but I don't know if we're going for sure yet. It turns out now (NOW!) that Dear Richard has a union convention in Vegas and he thinks it's the same week as the concert. I told him we can't do both and he's been wanting to see AC-DC for years. But this may be his last union convention, so he's torn. If he doesn't go to the concert, chances are, I won't go either (What? Me drive to the Meadowlands? By myself? Not going to happen. Just not.)

Once Rick finds out about the union convention for sure, I may say something to one of my co-workers to see if he'd be interested in going to the concert; he's a big AC-CD fan, too. I'd really like to go. And I can't believe I actually have tickets and may have to give them up. I really like AC-DC and this might be my last chance.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

They're going to be at the Meadowlands in September. We have tickets, but I don't know if we're going for sure yet. It turns out now (NOW!) that Dear Richard has a union convention in Vegas and he thinks it's the same week as the concert. I told him we can't do both and he's been wanting to see AC-DC for years. But this may be his last union convention, so he's torn. If he doesn't go to the concert, chances are, I won't go either (What? Me drive to the Meadowlands? By myself? Not going to happen. Just not.)

Once Rick finds out about the union convention for sure, I may say something to one of my co-workers to see if he'd be interested in going to the concert; he's a big AC-CD fan, too. I'd really like to go. And I can't believe I actually have tickets and may have to give them up. I really like AC-DC and this might be my last chance.
I hope you get to go. It won't be the same without Malcolm though. 

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You should go regardless.  I'm not a huge fan but I understand wanting to see a band you love completely.  Tom and I bought tix to see Rush in Newark's (smaller) concert arena this summer.  We haven't seen them in eons, let alone ever together.  Sprung for the uber pricey tix which give all kinds of perks and really great seats.  They never intend to tour again (or so they say) so we just HAD to do it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I did say something to my co-worker this morning; he said he'd go with me if Rick couldn't go. (The problem is that we're just not sure about AC-DC and whether they'll tour again--kind of like with Rush). I really like them and hate the idea of missing out. Rick is fine with co-worker coming along.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AC-DC has been around for a long time, I think they started in the 70's.  I know one of the original members left recently because of illness so it is hard to say how long they will be touring and will still be a good band.  A lot of those bands tried to hang on past their time, lost too many original members and they just weren't very good anymore.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm jealous I'd love to go see AC/DC
I have only been to 3 concerts only in small venues. My favorite was Ronnie James Dio.
I was on the balcony, he blew me a kiss and his guitarist threw me his pick.
Ahhhh to be young again.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Hope you get there, whether with Rick or your co-worker if need be.  They are a legend these days.   I used to be really in to them in the 70's (LoL, yes they have been around that long and so have I) and when Bon Scott died a load of people in my class at school went round with black arm bands on!  

It wasn't long after they released the Highway To Hell album and Sin City ep.   My parents did't allow me to go to their concert back then and probably just as well given several people I know who did go ended jup with perforated ear drums and I already had problems with my hearing.  Still love them now but doubt I'll ever have a chance to see them.  

kathyfromcanada

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's awesome Pam. Bruce and I saw them a few years back when they came for the sars stock concert (around the same time as the sars out break in Toronto). It was a benefit concert. They stole the show from the Rolling Stones. They put on the best show ever!! You can't image what it feels to be in the middle of a concert with half a million people and they start playing, Thunderstruck! Very powerful vibe indeed! Everybody just stopped what they were doing and were Rocking to the beat!!

Here's hoping the Union convention isn't on at the same time.
Sending you and Richard some good vibes!!!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've seen AC/DC a couple of times, once when Bon Scott was alive just before they really hit big in the US and then again on the "For Those About to Rock" tour.  They put on quite a show.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Well, the convention is the same time as the concert. Rick asked me if I'd go to Ottawa to see them and I said I would. He may try to sell the Meadowlands tickets and get tickets to the concert in Ottawa now. He also said maybe he would bag the convention and just go to the Meadowlands.So I've no idea what he's going to do. 

I wouldn't mind going to Ottawa. I think the concert is a Wednesday night, but not sure. I could take Wednesday through Friday as vac days and we could tour Ottawa while we're there, too. That would be interesting. Never been there. When we go to Canada, we stay at a B & B up at Niagara-on-the-Lake.

He needs to decide and then I'll plan.

I want to see them. I know they put on a spectacular show. And I've always liked them. They're definitely an oldie-but-goodie from way back. (My ears will be wrecked for a week!
)

Last edited:

kathyfromcanada

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Well, the convention is the same time as the concert. Rick asked me if I'd go to Ottawa to see them and I said I would. He may try to sell the Meadowlands tickets and get tickets to the concert in Ottawa now. He also said maybe he would bag the convention and just go to the Meadowlands.So I've no idea what he's going to do. 

I wouldn't mind going to Ottawa. I think the concert is a Wednesday night, but not sure. I could take Wednesday through Friday as vac days and we could tour Ottawa while we're there, too. That would be interesting. Never been there. When we go to Canada, we stay at a B & B up at Niagara-on-the-Lake.

I want to see them. I know they put on a spectacular show. And I've always liked them. They're definitely an oldie-but-goodie from way back. (My ears will be wrecked for a week!
)
That's a great plan Pam , a good compromise. Niagara on the lake is beautiful. Lot's to see and do in Ottawa too!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

I've seen AC/DC a couple of times, once when Bon Scott was alive just before they really hit big in the US and then again on the "For Those About to Rock" tour.  They put on quite a show.

You lucky, lucky person. 

)
Sounds like you should get to see them either way which is great.  Hope Rick makes his decision quickly so no problem with tickets, accommodation or vacation days if you need them.     Might just go fish out my CD and put it on for a while now.  

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick got tickets to Ottawa, so we'll be going there. When those tickets are in hand (meaning in his hand), he will put our Meadowlands tickets up for sale. But not until then. As fast as tickets are going, he thinks he'll be able to sell them easily. And if not? Well, we'll be seeing AC-DC twice!

Because he decided that if the Ottawa thing didn't work out, then he was bagging the Vegas trip and going to the Meadowlands. Seeing AC-DC is a bucket list kind of thing for him, so he's really excited about it. 

He promised me that he'd sell the Meadowlands tickets, so if anybody is interested, throw me a PM. They're good seats. 

Nurseangel, you are one lucky, lucky lady! We would have loved to have seen them with Bon Scott.

cocheezie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

That's awesome Pam. Bruce and I saw them a few years back when they came for the sars stock concert (around the same time as the sars out break in Toronto). It was a benefit concert. They stole the show from the Rolling Stones. They put on the best show ever!! You can't image what it feels to be in the middle of a concert with half a million people and they start playing, Thunderstruck! Very powerful vibe indeed! Everybody just stopped what they were doing and were Rocking to the beat!!

Here's hoping the Union convention isn't on at the same time.
Sending you and Richard some good vibes!!!
I too was one of the half a million people at the SARS concert. Don't know how on earth we didn't run into each other. Have to agree - AC/DC showed the Rolling Stones how it was done. Rush (the hometown band) was awesome as well. Geddy Lee is an orchestra all by himself.

Yes, to AC/DC. Malcolm won't be playing but Angus will be running around the stage for 2 hours in a school boy's uniform. The lad just can't stay still. Most of their back catalog are anthems. It will be a good show. Outdoors or hockey arena? AC/DC put on a fine performance recently at the Grammys. Ottawa is a nice sized city though not nearly as touristy as Niagara Falls. It is the capital so there will be a lot of Canadian history stuff. Easy to get around. The beautiful Gatineau hills are just across the river in Quebec.

That little old band from Texas - ZZ Top - coming up for me next.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
In a previous incarnation (in this lifetime..
) and before they were wildly famous, I interviewed Bon Scott for the radio station I worked for. 

He was the rudest bloke I'd ever interviewed.. but that probably won't surprise anyone...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

Oh wow! We used to be big ZZ Top fans. Have you seen them before? If not, you're in for a good concert. When our son graduated from HS, the ONLY thing he wanted was to go to see ZZ Top. Rick and I had seen them a couple times, but we're always up for a good concert, so we got tickets and we all went. It was great. ZZ Top is an awesome concert band. When we went, not a lot of special effects or anything, just good music. (I've never been a big Stones fan. Rick has seen Rush; he and our son went quite a few years ago. I'm not a big Rush fan, so I didn't go.)

Mani, I would imagine that Bon Scott would be rude. I could see him like that. 

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

In a previous incarnation (in this lifetime..
) and before they were wildly famous, I interviewed Bon Scott for the radio station I worked for. 

He was the rudest bloke I'd ever interviewed.. but that probably won't surprise anyone...
That is some previous incarnation you have there Mani!  
    I can totally believe Bon Scott was a horror to interview, I'm sure his 'friendly' nature was one reason us punk age teenagers liked him. 

kathyfromcanada

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I too was one of the half a million people at the SARS concert. Don't know how on earth we didn't run into each other. Have to agree - AC/DC showed the Rolling Stones how it was done. Rush (the hometown band) was awesome as well. Geddy Lee is an orchestra all by himself.

Yes, to AC/DC. Malcolm won't be playing but Angus will be running around the stage for 2 hours in a school boy's uniform. The lad just can't stay still. Most of their back catalog are anthems. It will be a good show. Outdoors or hockey arena? AC/DC put on a fine performance recently at the Grammys. Ottawa is a nice sized city though not nearly as touristy as Niagara Falls. It is the capital so there will be a lot of Canadian history stuff. Easy to get around. The beautiful Gatineau hills are just across the river in Quebec.

It was certainly an experience I won't soon forget! Haven't ZZ top but I heard they are great too! 

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gary met the band the first time they played Chicago (was friends with the bouncers at the venue). They came to a party in his apartment (his dad felt Gary would do better living on his own that at home, even though he was only 14). In anticipation, they painted his apartment silver with AC/DC in black all over the walls. :lol3: He subsequently became friends with the band, and was on the road (here and there) with them for a little while. When Bon Scott died and they held the try-outs for the new singer in the Bahamas. Gary was invited to join, but felt he'd probably never make it back alive...

I'm surprised they're touring without Malcolm!

I bet it'll still be a wonderful show!

Last edited: