Absolute forgiveness

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Earlier today I clipped Ginger's and Baby Bonnie's claws. Both became quite miffed at me as a result.

Baby Bonnie just walked up to my face: I looked at her and she touched my nose with hers, then as I turned back toward the computer screen, she licked my bare shoulder three times before going to lie down a few feet away from me.

I think she forgave me.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is so sweet.
Baby Bonnie
her mommy!

I can tell you from experience that cats can hold a grudge if they feel the offense was bad enough. And "I didn't know any better" is not a good enough excuse! (It took Ophelia 4 years to forgive me for picking her up when she was a feral kitten and "I didn't know any better.")

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's too precious!
I experienced the same thing earlier with Pria. I gave her a deworming pill, which she did not enjoy at all, but it went down. I set her back down on the floor and she pawed at my leg wanting back up, looking at me as if to say "Hey Mom, what did you put me down for?!?"

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They do hold grudges. Years ago, when we had Max and he was an inside only cat, we took in Speedboat, a stray. They got along well except at bedtime. Max always slept between us. They would compete for this place all night and we could not sleep. One night, I got so tired of it, I told hubby to put Speedboat in his carrier and leave him in the bathroom all night. He never forgave my husband. Up until that time Speedboat had been hubby's cat. After that day, he became my cat and he stayed that way until he died in January of this year.

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YEP.. Some cats will forgive while others hold grudges FOREVER!!

I picked out a kitten named Rusty. she was MY cat for a couple years and would let me hold her, pet her, etc UNTIL the day I found an injured stray and brought him home. She KNEW it was ME who rescued Sammy (stray) -saw me walk in with him in my arms.

Ever since, she HATES me and now it has been about 18 YEARS (she's now about 21 years old- wow) and to this day, she HISSES, growls and swats at me whenever I get close to her. SERIOUSLY- one minute she'd let my family pet her then the minute she sees me, she gets all hissy and won't let me near her.

At first, it really saddened me because I really love her but then I came to accept that the important thing is that she has a good home with my parents, have a lot of love and attention from them, have plenty of food, gets vet care, etc.

I have to admit- I am still very stubborn and will pet her even as she hisses and swats at me. ONCE in a while, I'd pick her up and hold her for a second. It's like grabbing a tiger by the tail but can be worth it just to hold her for a brief second.*wink*

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is just so cute Smooch always hates me after i trim his claws down but comes around not long after because i et the laser pen out

Flash and Sooty just dont bother about it they dont mind getting their nails clipped at all