About YOU....

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am, obviously, Deb. I have been at this site for 4 years, since there were only about 200 members. I serve TCS as one of the administrators and a moderator.

In my daytime life, I have been in Education for the better part of 20 years. Currently I am an assistant principal in an elementary school. I have 2 children of my own.

I am a native of NY and NJ, but I make my home in Florida these days.

If you are interested in the new role you are about to take on as a parent, check out the brand new forums that Anne, the TCS owner, and I are starting up.

http://www.parenting-notes.com/forums/

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am Mary Anne, I work on this website as marketing director and editor and also another one with Anne *the webmaster here* In the meantime I rescue abused and abandoned ferals and strays and I am a free-lance writer. I write content for websites as well as pet-related articles. I have been here for four years as well. I am currently working on a book about feral cat care-
I live on four acres in rural oregon with my hubby who is retired and now builds custom knives.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lastajianguyen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you Deb and nice to meet you, that page is loading as I am typing this.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My name is Barb, Slave to Twig, Isis , Rocket, Luna and My husband Brad! LOL! and I wouldn't trade a minute of it for anything!!!!!
Seriously, have the four cats, Twig who rekindled my cat passion, Brad gave him to me when he was a baby,( Brad got him from his cousins farm) Rocket is a purebred Abyssinian who found us at a cat show one day, he crawled on me nuzzled under my chin and I was hooked and he was mine!!! Isis and Luna were both ferals I brought inside after feeding them for awhile outside and worrying endlessly about them since we live right in front of a fairly busy road.
Anyway, I work in a restaurant as an asst manager, and have been there for 15 years. I've been married to my second husband (Brad) almost a year now(dated for 10 years). He is my life and is the sweetest man in the world!
We have 6 fish tanks in both fresh water and salt water. I collect unicorns, and of course cats.
I came to the catsite a long time ago and I enjoyed the people and the conversations so much I never left. It's like my second home. Most of my time lately is either spent working or trying to fix up our house so I am usually not on here as much as I want to be. But I try to get on as much as I can...

cougar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LastajiaNguyen

Hi Brandon nice to meet you!!!
I also have horses, big fat lazy ones.How many do you have?
We have 2 thouroughbreds<sp?>. A mare and a gelding... we also had a quarter horse for a little bit, but we gave him away.

Later,
Brandon

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My name is Diane, I live in a small town in Virginia. I just bought my house and I own 8.06 acres...most of its wooded, and a pond sits in the middle of it. I am married to my high school sweetheart, who is also my best friend.
I have a siberian husky named Bjourne, which is a rescue from a West Virginia shelter where he was going to be put to sleep. He is a huge Mama's Boy!!!
I have three cats: Samantha, Smudge, and Little Miss. Little Miss just had 3 kittens, but we havent named them yet. I am waiting until I see a little more personality. Right now they are too young.
I have three fish: 2 betas, Barnaby and Jones, and 1 pink kissing gourami, that I named Ecstasy.
I am an accountant for a small subcontracting company. I am going to school, although not this semester, and I am studying professional writing.
My husband works as a mechanic for the Department of Defense and he is actively in school.
I have one sister, and three brothers: Jennifer, Larry, Timothy and Charlie. I am about to have a sister-in-law, Erica.

Its nice to meet all of you, and congratualtions on your baby!!! I am sure you are ecstatic!!!

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LastajiaNguyen

Hi Barbara nice to meet you!!!
Are you a Vegetarian or Vegan? I am Vegan, it would be nice to meet another Vegan, I know very very few!
I'm a vegan. I'm also half Irish. Happy St. Patrick's Day! Nice to meet you Lastajia!!!

unicorn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, ya'll

Well, let's see. I am soon to be 36 years old and have been married to a wonderful, albeit sometimes maddening man for nearly 12 years. We live in rural southcentral Mississippi on two acres of land in a doublewide trailer (you might be a redneck if...lol). We are owned by four dogs and five cats and we are currently fostering three other cats, so right now we have cats like other people have roaches or something (not that I don't love them all and would walk on hot coals for them).
I like pickup trucks and gardening and I try to do what I can to further the cause of unwanted pets, but it is hard going on a less-than-a-shoestring budget and in a rural place (with all the problems that that implies).
I love rock music and books, and I work at my local newspaper as a composing clerk. It's funny the things that you hear when you work at the paper and sometimes the small-mindedness and trivia of a small town is just SO aggravating. But it can be very amusing, too.
It is really groovy to meet you all and I hope for a long and happy relationship with you all.
Peace, brothers and sisters.