About to go into vet again - please help with some advice!

catspyjamas1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for support. Unfortunately we lost Fiona today. Although her bloods had improved she wasn't presenting well and the vet believed it would be kinder to let her go. It was very painful to watch her suffer this week. You feel so helpless. I was able to hold her during the process and it was very peaceful. I'm absolutely gutted. The house is filled with her memories and it's really tearing at my heart.
I have an appointment for tomorrow to have her brother tested. catspyjamas1 catspyjamas1

I am so so sorry to hear about Fiona. A terrible day for you I know. We lost Bruno on Tuesday so I am still constantly thinking he is behind me. I found a lot of comfort in knowing that I was there with him during his last hours, and as I've just mentioned, the connection we had during that time made me realise how close we were because I could tell this was his time. I am also glad in a way that the suffering is over, and I felt okay being at work today. How old was Fiona? Sorry if you have already said. The kind words from everyone on these posts have helped me immensely and shown that you and I are not alone in this nightmare. Cherish the memories of Fiona and it will ease the pain a little. All my love to you on this sad day.

Xxxx
She was also 4. I have had since she was a few weeks old. I adopted her twin brother when he was 1 as the owner could no longer take care of him. He misses his sister. Hasn't left my side today. Thank you once again catspyjamas1 catspyjamas1

Take it from me when I say concentrate on her brother and make sure you spoil him rotten!!! Bruno lost his brother 2 years ago and for the next 2 years we made sure he knew he was the most important thing in our lives, you may find there will be positive as well as negative effects on him after this. He will come to you more as he now the only one. Just remember that your Fiona is now at peace and looking down on you both xxxxx

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
@catspyjamas1 I am so sorry for your loss as well. We had our Fuzz cat pts a couple of weeks ago, I still cry.