About my lump (gosh that sounds awful, but how else do I say it?)

malynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hope everything turns out well. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also have a lump in my left breast and a cist in my right breast . I had today my memmogram done on both breast and a ultra sound on my right breast . About 2 weeks ago I had some problems with my right breast , were in pain and was feeling something there . Praise God the pain is gone and I don't feel any more what I felt 2 weeks ago . I don't know how all my test went today as the army hospital always take their sweet time . My mom also had in both breats canser , so I am a bit worried .So I know how you feel . Be sure I will be praying for you
((((HUGS))))

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm rooting for you sweetie! On the positive side... it's not unusual for post natal women to have a few lumps in their breasts. So I'm thinking the best for you!

lucia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
thinking good thoughts for you, Debby and for you, PurrfectCatlove, as well.

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Debby, many prayers coming from my way. Positive thoughts are the best right now...so no matter how bad you're feeling about all of this, try to keep those positive thoughts.

Mega hugs to you Hon!
((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Debby love and prayers heading your way. Just let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Hedi - I will keep you in my prayers as well.

Healing thoughts going towards both of you.

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Debby!!!!!!! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.... Sending a REALLY BIG HUG your way!!

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Debby, prayers and best wishes from me too. You know that God will look after you, no matter what happens. And even though we all dread the worst with these kinds of things, and we all need to have things checked out, there are many many reasons for lumps like that, and most reasons are not as scary as cancer.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both of you, Debby and Hedi. I've just gone through the same thing - three lumps in my left breast, which turned out to be fluid-filled and "hormonal", not cancerous. I have to go back for another ultrasound in December, but figure it's a necessary precaution. Please keep us updated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First of all, let me say a big THANK YOU to all of you for your kind words, prayers and/or positive thoughts!!!!!

Also, Pamela....please don't put off having your lumps checked out...you should do this very soon, and I will be thinking of you and sending up prayers!!! Keep us posted!!!

Hedi....have you gotten your test results back yet? My prayers are with you as well!!!!! Please let us know!!!!

Well....I went in Wednesday morning for the mammogram. I hated it, needless to say. (my first one ever) How humiliating is that????

Then I get home from work and find a message on my machine from the clinic saying I need to come back in the next morning (Thurs) for further mammogram x-rays on my right breast. I was in tears. Very very upset! bad enough going through it once, let alone two days in a row!!!!

So then I went back in Thurs. morning and had the right side repeated.
It was a different woman doing it this time and she was very rough I thought and I was already a little tender from having it all done the day before. I got rather grumpy with her. I called her later and apologized for acting this way.
I also started having an anxiety attack...I've only had one once...way back in high school when I was 17. I couldn't breathe well, (hyperventilating) felt very hot, light headed and needed to get out of there NOW!!! I didn't even wait to see what the Dr. had to say about the x-rays....I just ran out. I felt so stupid later. I sat in the car and calmed myself down, and then went to the clinic to see my regular Dr. They had already called him and told him I had just ran out without getting the results. He said the mammograms looked okay...just some fiberous things (can't remember the name) that weren't anything serious, but that they had just wanted to double check them. He said the surgeon would know more today. (because there was still of course the matter of the original large lump between my breast and armpit that had been there over a month now.) He also gave me some pills for anxiety to take to help me relax and sleep. So I went home and slept the rest of the day.

Then last night I noticed my right arm hurt really bad. It felt bruised on the underside of it. But no bruise marks. I then felt around under my arm for that original large lump (the size of a quarter) and discovered the weirdest feeling "cords" for lack of a better word, going from the lump, up towards where my armpit meets my arm. I had my hubby feel them too, and he thought they were just very strange as well. Almost like the thing had sprung roots that were growing upwards

Woke up this morning and the top part of my arm is almost numb...the rest (beneath where it bends) still just feels bruised.

Went in today to see the surgeon. He was very nice...I really like him. He said my blood pressure is even higher today than it was Monday...and it was high then. So that's not good...but must not have worried him bad enough to give me any medication, because he didn't.
He felt the lump, and the "cords/roots" and asked me if my arm hurt. I told him yes it did. He said he wants to do surgery as soon as possible and get this thing out. So Tuesday morning I go in for surgery. He isn't giving me a local anesthetic(sp?) but actually putting me all the way under. He said if all he gave me was a local, I would likely feel quite a bit of discomfort, since there is so much to be removed. (He has to get those root things out too)

He isn't sure what it is. He said it may just be a benign tumor that is growing and causing pain, or it could be cancer. He says more than likely it is benign but won't know till it is out and they can run lab tests on it.

And here's something else that is just a bit weird.....he asked me if there was any chance I had been scratched by anything in the past several months. I said not that I know of...but I do have cats and might have been strached and not known it. He asked if I had been feeling really tired for several months...well yes of course I have...but I think most of that is due to working full time and having a 13 month old daughter to take care of as well. I have no energy anymore. He asked if I had been feeling hot flashes. I said yes!! I have been feeling terribly hot all the time and have to open a window at night because I am sweating even though my husband says it is freezing in the room. I asked him why...what would that have to do with it? He said he was sure it probably didn't...but that cat scratch fever can sometimes cause infections under the skin that grow and need to be removed. He said he doesn't think this is the problem, but needs to check out every possibility anyway.

Does anyone have a good website with info about Cat scratch fever? Maybe there is a link here on TCS to it, but I haven't looked. He said he really doesn't think that's what it is...and that it is probably a tumor (benign or cancerous) but I would still like to read some info on this, just to know more about it, since he did mention it.

Anyway.....thanks for your prayers and please keep praying!!!! My brother (a real sweetheart) is not only praying for me...but also fasting. (not eating meals) I wish he wouldn't do that (not eating) but he won't listen to me.

Send me good vibes on Tuesday!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Debby, I am so sorry that you have to go through so much stress in such a short time. The cat scratch fever sounds like a good possibility - good idea to get it checked out.
I hope that all goes well during surgery and that everything is benign. You are in my prayers and thoughts Debby.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Debby dear- So sorry about the pain you have been through lately- Good luck for the surgery and I hope it's just a Benign(sp?) thing my dog has those lump/root things you describe and it was a Fatty Lump..lol may be different for humans though.

Take Care and stay strong babe- and I get cat scratch fever but have no info on it, Sorry.

Hugs Sam.