Able to open doors

samhainborn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I barely remember my mom's cat, Speedy, from when I was very little, but mom tells me all the time that Speedy was the one who taught me to open doors! It only worked with doors that opened out, though. Mom says that he would sit down with one side against the door, then jump at the knob from the side. His paws would catch the knob, turning it as he slid down the door, and his weight would nudge the door open. Then he and I would make our grand escape together.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Little Man Tate had an obsession with the kitchen cabinet drawers. They pulled open very easily. At night I would lie in bed and listen to all the drawers being opened. I finally taped them all shut until he lost interest and moved on to something else

crazy4cats28

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Princess can open ANY door even if they are deadbolted. I've has to put lift latches at the top of all the doors I don't want her to open. I've also had to put security screen doors on all the doors leading outside. It's funny most people add extra locks to keep people out, I have to do it to keep Princess in.

She also opens the kitchen cabinet doors but as long as there isn't anything that will hurt her in the I don't worry. I still have to be alittle carefull since a while ago Princess managed to open the cabinet door coax Patsy inside and then shut the door and lock Patsy in. She gave herself away with that one because she was sitting in front of the cabinet door with a guilty, yet proud, look on her face.

furryfriends50

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Milo can - kinda. Some of the doors in our house don't manage to latch making them easy to push open.

He'll back up, ram the door with his head, and walk in
He thinks he's part buffalo.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by furryfriends50

He'll back up, ram the door with his head, and walk in
He thinks he's part buffalo.
It's amazing how loud that bang on the door is, isn't it? You think they'll get a concussion or something?

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Archie tries and tries.... I kinda wish he could let himself in and out of the garage... only if he would CLOSE the door when he comes in!

He also likes the kitchen and bath cabinet doors which do not latch. Not unusual for me to come in in the morning and find most all of them hanging open.