Abigail ran away. So sad

crazycatlady365

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She pushed out the thing I had blocking the hole in the window next to the ac. She must have left this morning. I went out and found some feral cat. Not her. I'm so sad. This week couldn't get any worse. I miss her I wish I knew how to lure her back. She could have been going into heat too. I'm just so distraught.

I put a Craigslist ad up.

I really am so scared shell get hit by a car. I can't handle this right now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazycatlady365

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks you. I feel like I lost my best friend. And all the parties and fireworks I know she'll be scared.

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Hopefully she got scared quickly and is hiding somewhere nearby and is scared but safe.     Look now, but  then I would go out looking about 5  AM or whenever things have died down for a while in your neighborhood and it is quiet.   go out and take some food she likes , walk around the alleys etc. and call her, walk slowly,  and listen.

I remember I have seen those sites linked in that other thread that Ms Freya put a link to,  and they have some great tips. 

I hope you find her soon.   

abisiobhan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here are many ways to find her. I am sure shecis in fact is not far. Put ads everywhere re cats and then some ie vets office, newspapers, online -facenook etc, every cat or animal rescue group, shopping malls etc
. Put out a humane trap with her favourite or most smelly food (tuna even if the excess mercury is not that good for kitties world)) and you may have to go thru many cats and other critters but she might well return. Search. Call her EVERY night!! Every chance you have. Good luck!

crazycatlady365

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was going to put a trap out in the morning for her since I had to buy more food at work.

BUT

She is home and safe now. And I am ducktaping the hole closed. I guess the darkness and the fireworks scared her back home. She was in front of my greenhouse.

Im so happy she's back.

abisiobhan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Excellent news!! Great update!!!! So happy for both of you!

crazycatlady365

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad too!!! We live on a main road right off the Long Island expressway. Right off the exit. I was so scared shed get hit. And now hank has his play partner back.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should have her spayed ASAP. She may have been mated while out---getting her spayed before the sperm meets eggs and the fertilized eggs implant would be best. Call your vet and explain the situation and I'm sure they'll manage to fit her in next week :).

crazycatlady365

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You should have her spayed ASAP. She may have been mated while out---getting her spayed before the sperm meets eggs and the fertilized eggs implant would be best. Call your vet and explain the situation and I'm sure they'll manage to fit her in next week :).
I doubt it. Thing is with that is that if she's in heat now they won't do it until her heats over, I've called and asked. And if she's pregnant then I have to wait til she has the kitten(s).

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are what is refeered to as "induced ovulators". This means they do not need to be in heat to get pregnant--they will drop eggs when mated regardless of what point in their cycle they're in. They will be less receptive to mating but toms will sometimes take them by force anyway. So. . .well. hope she's not :(.

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I doubt it. Thing is with that is that if she's in heat now they won't do it until her heats over, I've called and asked. And if she's pregnant then I have to wait til she has the kitten(s).
You should locate another vet because there are many who will do it during heats (it is actually safe) or can terminate an early pregnancy. Call 1-800-248-SPAY for more information on spay clinics near you or check out there website (http://spayusa.org). They are very informed and would be able to give you great information on what to do in this situation. 

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so relieved to hear that you found Abigail.   This was the first thread I checked on here today.   Thank heavens she didn't get hit by a car  or otherwise get badly hurt or killed.   

I also agree I would definitely get her spayed ASAP.

Maybe she is not pregnant this time,   hopefully she just spent her time hiding by herself and did not meet up with any tomcats.  But she DID manage to get out ( and that is a lesson to us all that it can happen in ways you don't expect).  

&  when she does go into heat ( and it sounds like you are thinking she might be coming into heat?) ,   her urge to mate may overrule the memory of the scary experience on the 4th,  and she may try again to get out,   and however you manage to block that hole by the AC,  she might tear through it. or  she might dart out the door as someone is coming in.  Or she might find another way.   A cat in heat can be extremely  devious and determined.      I know someone whose cat in heat  managed to unlock a sliding door,  pushed it open,  then tore the screen and got out.  Sadly they weren't as lucky as you .  They never saw Missy again.  

I would just say to the vet that your cat got out for a while on the 4th  and you're afraid she might do it again soon and could get pregnant .  

If your regular vet would not spay a cat who had escaped for a day and might be going into heat ,   I would try some other vets.  Here is another link to find clinics.  This one is the ASPCA site's database of low-cost spay/ neuter clinics .   http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/spayneuter/       Many vets will spay when a cat is in heat because they know cats can come in heat so often that it can be hard to know for sure when to schedule the spay -- and they know that delaying may result in the cat getting pregnant which is not without risk to her...  and if the pregnancy and birth do go normally,  it means even more kittens added to the population when so many similar kittens are already desperately needing homes.  

Again  ,  I am very glad to hear the good news that you found her!