Abandoned orange tabby or just neglected?

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I got all my feral cats to trust me by doing very little. When I fed I sat close by. I sure never tried to touch one. It took time but THEY initiated  the contact. It was long before they were doing the roll of joy at my feet.  While he's not feral this is going to be a matter of time for him. As to food , left to scrounge he's probably used to eating from garbage. And not all animals are food motivated.

Really sounds like it's going better than you think.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the replies..i took the feliway plugin off because it was smelling plasticy. I dont know if this is normal or what. Oh yes i keep forgetting to get a laser pointer! I know things are going fine and im just being a baby. Im just used to easy kittens. But there has been a couple of good improvements overnight! Around 6am he cuddled in between my legs over the blanket. Awww. Good for us but bad for my sleep. So tired now. Another thing is that this morning he yowled when he heard my resident kitten through the door and did not hiss! Definitely some improvements. But im not looking forward to getting him in the carrier for a vet visit tomorrow.

Hes been eating only about 3 oz of food a day while my resident 7 month old kitten eats 7 oz. May have to resort to fancy feast classics even though it has that menadione bisulfate complex crud in it.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nemo is much more settled in now. My kitten Benny is still a bit too rambunctious for him but Nemo tolerates him most times. He enjoys taking turns to chase each other but not so much with the wrestling. I was scared but i even got to clip 2 nails tonight. Ive been working on touching his front paws. Not the back because i think he got traumatized before. Hes actually a really well behaved cat. He doesnt constantly go on my counters, whine like crazy for food, and if i tell him to stop doing something he stops! His quirk is that he digs like crazy at the litterbox.

This sums up their relationship lol. Benny most likely wants to snuggle full on but maybe Nemo will be more open to that when Benny grows up a little more.

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh that's so sweet! They're friends now! Thanks for the update, it's lovely to see him looking so happy in his new home.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awwww.... I love happy endings. So glad Nemo has settled into his new home.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is a special day. For the first time the cats were being snuggly and not just butt contact! It didnt last too long and nemo didnt allow it again but this was definitely a proud moment for me. :) im sure they will have more snuggly/cuddly moments in thr future. Especially once Benny becomes more mature.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awwww.... adorable.  They are destined to become best buddies for sure.