Abandoned Kitty?

Gee

Gee
Kitten
Purraise
Hey all I'm writing to voice my concern of a abnormally skinny cat, who lives locally by my house. The first time I met this kitty she was with another cat but this one looked well fed and had a collar, they both ran to greet me, a while after this I kept seeing the skinny one outside my house and she would always run upto me (I'm guessing it's a girl because you can practically see underneath her as the rear is very skinny.) so one day I decided to feed her some tuna and she ate it fine. I'd stop to stroke her Whenever I saw her, and she started to sit on a wall outside my house a lot! One night I went out and stroked both of the cats and a neighbour came out and said that the cats belong to a local house, but I think he may be mistaken as one of them looks mistreated (however it was dark outside so he could've mistaken the cat.)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I suggest that you first inquire of the people in the house who appear to at least own the one cat, if the skinny one is theirs, and if not, whether they feed it.

If they are not the owners, you would be free to assume care of this stray by feeding, neutering, and adopting it.

It sure sounds like it needs it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gee

Gee
Kitten
Purraise
I suggest that you first inquire of the people in the house who appear to at least own the one cat, if the skinny one is theirs, and if not, whether they feed it.

If they are not the owners, you would be free to assume care of this stray by feeding, neutering, and adopting it.

It sure sounds like it needs it!
I bought some cat food for her today but haven't seen them around for a couple of days, It's been very rainy and windy (typical England weather) I just hope they're okay, however not looking to adopt just looking to help as I love cats (got a household of dogs who go crazy at the poor things)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well then, if the cat is a stray, perhaps you could assist in finding it a home or getting it to a shelter that could. I hope you see the cat again soon!

Thank you for caring!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd still check with the other people to see if she is their cat. I know my two looked really skinny for a while, despite being well fed, because they were growing and highly active. Both are on a grain free and poultry free diet so someone else feeding them would cause digestive issues. Now they are chunking up a little so a diet may be in order, lol.

If she is a stray she probably will appreciate the continued feedings. You may also want to check around for low cost spay/neuter clinics and shots.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, she still needs to know if the cat belongs to the neighbors or not.

Gee

Gee
Kitten
Purraise
Yes I will go ask if that's their cat to
Start off with, and if the cat is stray there's a cat shelter nearby. thank you for your help :)

Gee

Gee
Kitten
Purraise
I've found out about the cats the owners have made a hole in the door of their porch and that's basically where they live (in a very small porch), not sure if they're properly looked after as they both are quite skinny. :(

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could you perhaps ask the owners if they need some help with the cats? Maybe they don't want them, and they would welcome the help from a shelter.

Gee

Gee
Kitten
Purraise
I'll do everything I can to help, don't really want to offend the neighbours as one of the cats look decently taken care of but the other one looks a little skinny, maybe it's because they're let inside in evenings and very active kitties. Although when feeding the skinny kitty it didn't seem completely desperate for the food as it did pause and look around. I have passed the house before and the owners did open the door to let the cats in but I didn't take much into notice until I saw the cat up close, the owners look like they're in their 40s-50s I'm just glad to know that the cats have a home and hopefully I will see them fatten up soon. Could just be a rescue cat that they've just adopted as I haven't seen the skinny one before.

Summercats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maybe the skinny one is ill? If there is food given and the other is fine or the other is more dominant and eats most of the food.

• Purraise
Reactions: Gee