Abandoned Kitten! Please Help!

i_heart_animals

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found three kittens today and they were in a box and it was raining so I brought them up under neath the stairs outside.. When I got back home after picking my brother up, two were gone and the runt was left. The mother came and knocked over the box and left the other one, and I think there might be something wrong with it. It can't be more than a week old and I don't want to touch it because I don't want it to die. I want to bring it in from outside because it's hot and rainy and if the mother doesn't come back soon, I will, but I need to know what to do. I don't know whether I should leave it out all night or, bring it in and keep it warm and maybe feed it evaporated milk.. Please help me and let me know what I should do.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by I_heart_animals

I found three kittens today and they were in a box and it was raining so I brought them up under neath the stairs outside.. When I got back home after picking my brother up, two were gone and the runt was left. The mother came and knocked over the box and left the other one, and I think there might be something wrong with it. It can't be more than a week old and I don't want to touch it because I don't want it to die. I want to bring it in from outside because it's hot and rainy and if the mother doesn't come back soon, I will, but I need to know what to do. I don't know whether I should leave it out all night or, bring it in and keep it warm and maybe feed it evaporated milk.. Please help me and let me know what I should do.
You should take it to the vet. Mother cats do not abandon their kittens unless they are sick....if mom only took the other 2 kittens, then this one needs immediate attention (it will need to be bottle fed). If you have other cats, then this little one should be kept seperated until it has been vet checked.

Katie

Here is a list of low cost clinics, they are for spay/neuter but may be able to assist you:

http://www.lovethatcat.com/stfl.html