Aaaargh! This weather...

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

Jeepers how embarrassing - I hope you didn't actually think that I thought it rained, snowed and hailed all year round in Canada!! No - I was just saying I wish I lived in a place where that DID happen!! I would be in heaven! Don't know where it exists, though, outside of Antarctica and even it has it's own version of summer!
I live in Winterpeg as well and to me it feels like it is cold about 8 months of the year here because I live in a drafty old house. I'm no stranger to the cold spending the longest -40 cold snap in 95/96 outside working 12 hours a day, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if I had to trade for hotter weather. Let's trade!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could send some of your heat this way and I will be glad to send you the cold. First day of spring and I woke up to more snow. I can't wait for the warm weather to arrive. With it will bring the awesome thunderstorms that I love.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by byclops

Hahhaha, Sarah I am LOVING this weather! I can't get enough of it!! I'm gonna be so upset when winter comes!
You are a sad, misguided soul who belongs in Perth very definitely!!!

I don't know how you are bearing it - but then again, I don't have air-conditioning in ANYTHING - house, car, whatever, and that does make it worse. Plus, I really, desperately suffer extremes in temperature, hot or cold, so I'm a bit pathetic, really, when it's way too much of either.

Thank God I am going to Melbourne in three weeks - hopefully there'll be a bit of rain and wind over there!!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I mean, honestly. Our maximum temp today was 38.4 (101F) at lunch time.

That is just rude.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by huggles

OMG!!! dont you DARE wish this!!!!!
Ahhhh hahhhahahahahaha I am wishing it with all my heart!!! Sorry lovey - but that's one of the main reasons I am looking forward to going!!!

But how about if I only wish for it from the 7th to the 15th while I am there??

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, well, okay then. I am going to double-wish and cross all my fingers and toes and rub my genie bottle that I keep in the bottom of my cupboard and light my incense and cast some spells and EXTRA WISH that it is going to be COLD and RAINY in Melbourne when I am there.

And besides, I am going to be the guest - isn't the guest always right (or something???)

ash_bct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

I live in Winterpeg as well and to me it feels like it is cold about 8 months of the year here because I live in a drafty old house. I'm no stranger to the cold spending the longest -40 cold snap in 95/96 outside working 12 hours a day, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if I had to trade for hotter weather. Let's trade!
If you find someone to trade with please take me!!!! I am going crazy with our weather!!!
Medicine Hat isnt all that far away and I get the same (generally) weather as you SO PLEASE TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, I love the hot weather! Summer is on the way, and I say bring it on, the hotter the better! Send all that wonderful heat our way, and you guys can come live with Sierra and me!

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Yes, well, okay then. I am going to double-wish and cross all my fingers and toes and rub my genie bottle that I keep in the bottom of my cupboard and light my incense and cast some spells and EXTRA WISH that it is going to be COLD and RAINY in Melbourne when I am there.

And besides, I am going to be the guest - isn't the guest always right (or something???)
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
thats seriously unfair I tell you!!! you should not ever wish is was cold and rainy in melbourne - especially after we get enough of the cold and wet weather - give us a break would you!!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok fair enough. You can have a break the whole year round except for the week that Max and I are there. But I won't wish too hard for cold and rain - just temperatures below 30 degrees would be nice!!

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Ok fair enough. You can have a break the whole year round except for the week that Max and I are there. But I won't wish too hard for cold and rain - just temperatures below 30 degrees would be nice!!
YAY!! thankyou
dont worry I am sure it will be below 30 degrees for you...

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sarah, if you really want rain, you should really move to Manchester, UK!
It is notoriously rainy here!
We'll get a couple of days of sun and then even more days of rain! *sigh*

I'll swap places with you, any day!

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

First,
Sorry Sarah for thinking that you thought that...

Some people actually DO!!

When I was in England visiting the fam., someone said "oooh, it must be lovely to have all those mountains and lakes to look at all the time!"

errr..There isn't a mountain for a thousand miles where I live. You can watch your cat run away for 3 days
....but there ARE lakes...

haha! She thought all of Canada looked like BC (British Columbia on the Coast)

and HydroAxe (ryan), NO MORE TALK ABOUT -40! no..no...
that is just sadistic.

byclops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

You are a sad, misguided soul who belongs in Perth very definitely!!!

I don't know how you are bearing it - but then again, I don't have air-conditioning in ANYTHING - house, car, whatever, and that does make it worse. Plus, I really, desperately suffer extremes in temperature, hot or cold, so I'm a bit pathetic, really, when it's way too much of either.

Thank God I am going to Melbourne in three weeks - hopefully there'll be a bit of rain and wind over there!!
Yep i'm a sandgroper born n bred!!!

Mind you, I DO have an airconned office - but I hate it, I keep a jacket at work at all times as I freeze otherwise!!!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wodesorel

I'm scared of hurricanes.... We don't have tornados, earthquakes, hurricanes, ice storms, super blizzards, or flooding here. If a very warm and humid place existed that met that criteria, I wouldn't still be living here!
Well in all fairness we don't really get them that often. This year was abnormal, making up for the years that none hit. Besides, if you live close to me you're in pretty good shape. The only times Ormond Beach or Orlando get hit by hurricanes are times like this year, when all of the general rules fly right out the window. Besides, there's plenty of us TCSers here who would take care of you.
Just playin with you though!! I too have plenty of criteria for places I could and could not live, so I completely understand!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

Oh, I love the hot weather! Summer is on the way, and I say bring it on, the hotter the better! Send all that wonderful heat our way, and you guys can come live with Sierra and me!
I used to love the hot and humid weather, but it's strange, for some reason, I seem to take the cold much better than the heat and high humidity. One thing is for sure, Amber and Boris HATE the hot weather. They love it when it is cold, windy and very snowy.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Loveysmummy

First,
Sorry Sarah for thinking that you thought that...

Some people actually DO!!

When I was in England visiting the fam., someone said "oooh, it must be lovely to have all those mountains and lakes to look at all the time!"

errr..There isn't a mountain for a thousand miles where I live. You can watch your cat run away for 3 days
....but there ARE lakes...

haha! She thought all of Canada looked like BC (British Columbia on the Coast)
Hahhahahaha. That is funny. There are some classic website and comments that people have made about Australia, too - like `Does it get windy in Australia' and, `Do you have chicken in Australia', and, my all time favourite, `I know someone who lives in Sydney. If I told you their name do you think you could pass on a message for me?'
?????????????

Er, not only do I live thousands of kilometres away in Perth, this country has 21 million people living here!! It might not be much compared to other places but we don't ALL know each other! And there are no kangaroos jumping down every street and koala bears in every tree either...

(Although, I should qualify that by saying when I was little a huge boxer roo jumped over our fence into our back yard, jumped around a bit and then took off down the road. THAT was surreal...)