Aaaaaaaaaaaargh!!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sweet72947

Buy a mercedes. It is virtually impossible to lock your keys in the car with a mercedes unless you think of a way to do it on purpose! You can get some used cars for a reasonable amount of money.
Does it keep you from locking them in even if the are NOT in the ignition? Oh, wait, my friends' parents have a Mercedes... don't you have to use the key outside to lock the doors?

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is why I like my car. Sure it doesn't have a fancy key-less entry or anything like that, and no keypad or anything, but the drivers door doesn't lock unless you use a key in one of the locks.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, but I had to laugh.....I do it all the time too.....once I locked them in the car IN the carwash....the local police was unable to jimmy it, so he drove me home (yes in the cop car) to get another set from my husband...

I did it a couple of months ago and hub had to drive 2 hours to get me in..still cheaper than a locksmith....

But even better? we work with a lady who does rep work for a home health business, she's REALLY bad at it.....she locked her keys in her car on Friday, got her mom to bring the extra set....then Saturday morning she locked BOTH sets in it!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've done that a few times, until I finally got smart and got a spare made to keep in my purse. So as long as I don't lock my purse in the car, I'm good. I just did it a couple months ago at the post office - and luckily had my purse with me. I've even locked my keys in there with the car running. Easiest thing in the world to do.