A Wild Black I tamed.

durich

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, i'am new here.
I just tamed a ferel-wild cat, took like 6 weeks just to get it's trust, but i think it was worth

it.
It has a total black coat (very silky, i get static charges, just by rubbing it) all black feet and

lips, like it's total black but it's eyes are are mad, yellow, but all the peolple who have seen

her, comment on her eye's.
It's a female and i think about 3-4 years old (How can i tell, is there a way to tell acat's age?)

I have lived with 3 cat's over the years, (by the way i live in Ireland, West Cork) and my last cat

was also a wild cat, but i had raised it as a kitten, cause i guess her mother had died.

But back to my black cat, I just noticed it's nose is different, ie; it's curved from it's head to

the tip and it looks angry.
By angery i mean whith those yellow eye's open and been black, you kinda focus on those mad eyes.

Another thing i found odd but wonderfull, she talks alot, i mean not the meeow, but she twitters,

kinda sound like bird song and when she pur's it's like a whisper, faint but wonderfull.

Also, ( i gues her wild side, she will jump on me, while i am in bed, 2am in the morring, summer

time and meeow till i wake up and let her out)

Mad Cat i 'am geting to love, cause she just sleeps next to me, trust's me i guess, but wonderfull.

Are mad black cat's out there?

atinsley

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There are a lot of black strays out there. There was a black tom hanging out around my house for a few weeks.. He was nervous and I could never get him close enough to see his eyes or anything. It was mostly just you saw him for a second and then he was gone.

Great job for rescuing her! Have you gotten her spayed?

Also, I'd like to say welcome to the forum! Don't be afraid to ask questions, there are a lot of very knowledgeable people around here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

durich

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No not spayed atm cost's E120 to nuter a dog or cat.
But this cat is different.
1# It's coat is total black and very fine, silky to rub and i get static charges while i rub her.
Also i could rub her all day, she dosen't mind alot, some tail swishing now and then, but likes to be rubed alot.
When she is asleep and i rub her she will turn tummy up whith her 4 legs spread wide and her head trown back and purring.
But i did notice she is very much a agro cat.
For example; i am setting on the couch, (the cat has claimed the other side of the couch) i am watiching TV and i move legs up, She growles and i mean growles, out loud, i guess it's her ferrel side.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Welcome to the Forums, Durich!

Jolly well done, and you apparently also already got a reward for your good deed, having a new furry friend.

Sometimes you got your reward already in this life, you dont always must wait for the afterlife...

6 weeks for a fully adult feral to be a spinning pet... That is quick. So I would think she had a loving owner when she was young.
Ie she got stray or got dumped. (Gods wrath over all who dumps their animals!)

Interesting you write about her mad eyes and curved line of nose, giving her an angry look.
Wonderful you didnt got negative to her because of this...Instead you took her on her own premises....

Im an owner of two russian blue boys. A good russian blue male of the scandinavian type shall have a cruel yes even mean looks. Yet, they are two nice, loving, gentle boys. Set them to a wound, and it will heal, as they proverb says...

Good luck and keep us updated!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for rescuing this kitty! I think you've found a wonderful companion. We had never had a cat before we began rescuing, and it was so much fun learning all about cats. (Seven years later and they're still teaching us things!)

Where are you located? Some countries have low-cost programs for spaying and neutering. Maybe we can help you search?

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TheCatSite Durich,

Congratulations on taming Mad Cat.

My black wild child, Isis, instead of a meow, sometimes chirps like a little bird.

We are indeed fortunate to have our wonderful black kitties.

Please make yourself at home.