A Very Belated Thank You!

Sara J.

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
View attachment 325000
Haven't quite decided on a name. A neighbor of mine was calling him Pretty Boy mostly because she needed to call him something. Mom offered Spade but I've found it's not an easy name to yell out when calling him. I've considered Jackie Boy as a shorthand for Travelin' Jack from one of my favorite Stephen King novels (Talisman) but honestly he's a little lazy 😊 now that he's settled in here so doesn't seem quite right.

Sara J.

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
20200210_134518.jpg

Mom has named him Doodle Bug for now. He is adorable though quite the handful with his sweet kitten energy. He seems to have no fear of other kitties or any understanding of their need for boundaries and personal space. At first I thought it was aggression but it doesn't seem to be. He just wants to play and romp with others and they don't always oblige.

We are working on it though. 😉

Sara J.

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This post is somewhat sad for me though. At some point I made the very tough decision of having to give Towanda up. She loved to wander (well, *escape* is the proper term probably,) despite my obvious affection for her and her for me. At some point I realized that she needed the farm life I couldn't give her where she could do just that and still be a loving, indoor kitty at night. I think I broke my own heart doing it, though it was the right call.
Fortunately, a dear friend of mine who knew her story and had helped me rehome her kittens stepped in and offered.

I get regular updates and am happy to report she is doing extremely well and loves her daily walks on a leash and has free rein of the farm though she tends to stick to the yard and come in at night. She seems to adore long naps in the sun and lazing in the grass. She and I facetime often and she still seems to know me despite our distance now. She will always be one of my favorites, and dearest to my heart.