A Toast For The 5 Wonderful Years, Pepsi

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
It always is hard losing an animal you have loved, especially if you have witnessed its slow, painful passing. Pepsi first came to us during the late 2017, when my daughter noticed a small black and white emaciated kitten wandering outside and meowing on a cold, rainy day while she was out for an errand. Immediately she asked if we could take it in, which of course we agreed in a heartbeat.

Pepsi immediately became one of the “boys”, that he often acted like he was also a dog, imitating the behavior of all 4 canines in the house. He loved to climb onto my son’s shoulder too, like a proud pirate’s parrot. He strictly guarded the staircase, and swatted at almost every leg and foot that passed by. In the mornings he would bite anyone's ankle while sleeping, and run off when his "victim" annoyingly wakes up. As the boss of the pack, he decided who could drink from any of their common water bottles, and chased any of the 4 dogs who dared disobey him. He was naughty and smart, sweet but sometimes indifferent. He gave us many happy days, 5 wonderful years in all.

On 23 February 2022, exactly at 12mn, he succumbed to complications due to kidney disease. He tried to fight it off, to survive after initially being rushed to the vet. He gave us a bit of hope, only for that hope to be crushed just a few days later. I told him that it was alright, that he did not have to fight it anymore. I told him to just move on to the Rainbow Bridge, and finally run happily without any pain or sickness on an endless field of grasses and blooms.

In my grief, another paw-shaped hole is formed in my heart. It is painful beyond words and only an animal-lover like me can ever understand.

We have buried him at our front garden, where our many different flowers bloom. That is where he used to enjoy sun bathing in the mornings. We will remember him with a smile everytime a bud opens, and with tears for every bloom that passed its season.

Goodbye, my Pepsi Love. The house will not be the same without you. You have earned your wings.

Pepsi, Domestic Short Hair
2017-2022

3791F8EC-B7BE-42B1-8E60-6266152EB354.jpeg
178742FF-A12E-4E87-9FB0-8395FD374DB8.jpeg
2B05B4C4-1C18-4025-BDB2-74B02043DE01.jpeg
6E8E0F9C-AF95-432D-A19B-9A1A0FD42B23.jpeg
C4F02823-DB4A-47D1-84E9-2E3E58EA9B48.jpeg
D06A491A-85B1-47A0-8626-16A9C727A247.jpeg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Pepsi, dream you deep. You walk in more hearts than ever you knew existed, your family's most of all.

What Pepsi knew of comfort, of hearth, of home, of love, he knew because of you. And now, from That Place Where All Things Are Known, he blesses you and your family, and he sends his love, translated and purified into Love, to walk with you down through all your days...because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides. His Love is with you still.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for your pain, the house is so very empty for so long without his bigger-than-life presence. His antics will be forever etched onto your mind, they will be so very missed. You literally saved his life, and though any amount of years would not seem like enough, you gave him 5 years of what he wanted most in life, care and the love of a family. He wormed his way into your heart, and there he shall stay. The bond of love you forged will always tie your souls together, he will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers. He shared your life's journey for a while, and the new path he now follows will always parallel your own. Ask him to send you peace during this sad time and he will help you through this. Share what he taught you, the gift of a cat's love and he will be content. He did his job well.....take care, Maria. We are always here if you need us, we will share your burden of grief because we all know it too well. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.......RIP beautiful Pepsi. You will be so very missed. You will never be forgotten and will always have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You and you daughter may have well saved Pepsi's life and then most certainly gave him 5 more wonderful years.

Thank you for sharing his story with us. I can imagine his antics.

Im glad he is nearby you. My little girl (cat), is resting in our garden, in a sunny spot she loved to lie in. It gives me comfort that she is nearby, I need only turn my head and see her marker and small tree we planted at her favorite spot.

One hour at a time, one day at a time. It will get better.

Be kind to yourself.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
He sounded like he had that "Tuxattude" attitude, loving but a little naughty like Sylvester is and Simon was! You gave him a wonderful life and in return he gave you some wonderful memories and some sore ankles! He might not have had a nice life if you didn't take him in and he I'm sure knows that and will thank you for it when you meet again one day.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am so sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
It gives me comfort that she is nearby, I need only turn my head and see her marker and small tree we planted at her favorite spot.
I just ordered online from overseas a cat shaped grave marker. I agree, it warms our hearts knowing he is just right there.

He sounded like he had that "Tuxattude" attitude, loving but a little naughty like Sylvester is and Simon was!
Oh yes he was! I miss him already.

Again, thank you all. Your words meant a lot to me during the first days of Pepsi's passing. :redheartpump:

Zara12345

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It always is hard losing an animal you have loved, especially if you have witnessed its slow, painful passing. Pepsi first came to us during the late 2017, when my daughter noticed a small black and white emaciated kitten wandering outside and meowing on a cold, rainy day while she was out for an errand. Immediately she asked if we could take it in, which of course we agreed in a heartbeat.

Pepsi immediately became one of the “boys”, that he often acted like he was also a dog, imitating the behavior of all 4 canines in the house. He loved to climb onto my son’s shoulder too, like a proud pirate’s parrot. He strictly guarded the staircase, and swatted at almost every leg and foot that passed by. In the mornings he would bite anyone's ankle while sleeping, and run off when his "victim" annoyingly wakes up. As the boss of the pack, he decided who could drink from any of their common water bottles, and chased any of the 4 dogs who dared disobey him. He was naughty and smart, sweet but sometimes indifferent. He gave us many happy days, 5 wonderful years in all.

On 23 February 2022, exactly at 12mn, he succumbed to complications due to kidney disease. He tried to fight it off, to survive after initially being rushed to the vet. He gave us a bit of hope, only for that hope to be crushed just a few days later. I told him that it was alright, that he did not have to fight it anymore. I told him to just move on to the Rainbow Bridge, and finally run happily without any pain or sickness on an endless field of grasses and blooms.

In my grief, another paw-shaped hole is formed in my heart. It is painful beyond words and only an animal-lover like me can ever understand.

We have buried him at our front garden, where our many different flowers bloom. That is where he used to enjoy sun bathing in the mornings. We will remember him with a smile everytime a bud opens, and with tears for every bloom that passed its season.

Goodbye, my Pepsi Love. The house will not be the same without you. You have earned your wings.

Pepsi, Domestic Short Hair
2017-2022

View attachment 411728View attachment 411729View attachment 411730View attachment 411731View attachment 411732View attachment 411733
I am sorry for your loss. The way you described him is just so heartbreakingly beautiful and brings tears to my eyes. What an amazing kitty. Rest well Pepsi♡