A terrible, horrible, no good, very bad evening...

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any news on your mom? I'm hoping maybe she'll at least be home for the holiday tomorrow...or better yet, perfectly well and cooking up a storm!

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lots of
because I know what you are going through!!

My mom also has Diverticulitis and unfortunately for her they didn't catch it fast enough before her intestine ruptured and she had to have a Colostomy for a little more than a year. My mother was still in her 30's when this happened.

And also many vibes for your daughter to get through the tough time of a passing friend, and hopes that the family will be able to move on.

lovesmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry about your mom and your daughter's best friend. What a sad thing to happen to a young child. God Bless her.

I will be keeping your mom, you, and your family in my prayers. I will also be praying for your daughter's friend's family.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry!
Yes, it does seem very unfair and I feel for you. The cysts could just be benign meaning non-cancerous, which is a good thing.

We can't always understand why things happen the way they do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I want to thank you all for your very kind and thoughtful responses.

My mom came home Thanksgiving day; we had our dinner the next day. She's slowly getting her strength back. The doc truly thinks those spots are benign cysts - I'd just feel better knowing for sure, personally.

We went to the funeral for the 14 year old today. You can imagine how that was. Now somehow we move on...

Again, thank you all for taking the time to respond!

babz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry for not responding...I just saw this thread. I'm sure today was a real rough one. I'm so sorry for everyone. My thoughts and prayers for all.

Please keep us updated on your Mom. Are they going to do a biopsy so we know for sure that they are benign? My heart goes out to your Mom for the heck that comes with having diverticulitis. My Mom also had it so I know about it all to well.

Thought, vibes and prayers your way...