A small update on me

jujubee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry Ping. It's not fair. It seems like there are certain things that take priority. You know d@#m well that an OB/GYN isn't booked, solid, all day! They don't leave, like two periods of time throughout the day for 'emergency's' ?
I don't have health insurance, I can go to the VA but I would have to make an appointment for like, 6 weeks from now.
I felt a lump in my breast last November, I was due for a mamogram in Dec, they got me in earlier but i still had to wait a week for that, and then like 4 days afterward to find out anything. Thank god, the doc said 'it was just me' meaning the lump is nothing, I guess. Needless to say i 'grew' two more wrinkles and ALOT of gray hair, just worrying.

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It seems like you've exhausted most of the usual options.

What about medicaid or emergency medicaid? Or talk to a social worker or finances counselor at the hospital. Around here, these people usual help figure out payment options for the patients. Credit cards?

If it's at all feasible, if there's a low cost or free clinic in Atlanta (far away, I know), could you make a trip?

It could be just stress, but it could also be something more serious. It's best to rule out the worst case, and go from there.

I'm so sorry that the OB/GYNs in your area are such punks. There's a lot of trouble getting docs to more rural areas, and a lot of OBs are quitting the business b/c the insurance industry makes it so costly for them to work -- not that these folks are negligent, but everyone is so afraid of getting sued that the malpractice insurance for some OBs is $100,000-$200,000 per year!!! (that's why some states are actually running out of OBs!!)