*a small rant* Mom's boyfriend..grrr

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm, from your profile you seem to be 20? or 21 already.
Now im about to be 19 and i moved out early this year, it was a big relief for me.
I feel so bad for my mother but there is nothing i can do.

My dad isnt a horrible person, he just cannot stand my mother being an alcoholic, when she goes too far this is when he will hit her.
My parents have had happy times, but her alcohol has control of her life.

Because you are now old enough, i would suggest you to move into your own place with your sister or with just your fiance, Moving with your fiances family isnt a bad idea, you will not be intruding if they have offered them selves for you to stay, I will just say to you that in every family there is conflict, even with his mother, father, sister, ect..

To make that step is very hard, i had a person who loved me and helped me go through it, you will cry, feel sh*t, and maybe even blame your self about the situation but after 2 - 4 weeks you will feel so much better and look back to see that you have done the right choice to move away from the bad things.
I know it will definetely be hard watching your mother being dragged down by this man, i think about my mother every day to see if she is being a good woman and keeping down her alcohol. I see her once every 1 - 2 weeks and i miss her terribly, but i know as soon as i see her drunk i will be pleased that i have another home to go to...
I know its not the same situation, but my parents need to be appart, like your mother needs to be appart from somebody who is sick and needs help.
If you want to chat you can pm me, i know how scary this time can be,

All i had was TCS, ben and teufel, TCS got me by and helped me alot.

I just want you to take this advice, because i cannot stand to see another young woman be hurt by somebody. Especially from a abusive man

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Sweetie, you need to get you and your sister out of there. I know you love your mom and want to be there for her, but SHE is the mother and if she refuses to provide a safe environment for you girls, then you must do it yourself. You are not responsible for your mom's actions. Go to Grandma's if you can with your sister as soon as possible.

Perhaps if she realizes you definitely are not coming back until he's gone, she may actually make him leave or leave him herself.

Please for your own safety and your sister's, go as quickly as possible and take your animals with you.
She should take the responsibility of being a mother. The responsibility of keeping everything from completely falling apart should not be on your shoulders. You have two choices of a safe place to live and you have the chance to keep your kittens safe. Keith has tried to harm them at least twice. PLEASE go stay with your Nana or your fiance asap. I hope your sister decides to stay with your Nana.

roxy_loves_cj

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I understand that you are worried about your mom, but this may be the wakeup call that she needs. If you and your sister leave your mom will see that you are serious about things have to change. Tell her that you love her and you support her, but for your own, your sisters, and your pets' safety you have to leave. THEN DO IT! Do not keep saying you will do it and then never do, you have to follow through, so she knows you are serious. Another thing, why does your mom have to be the one to call the abuse hotline that amy gave you? you are there, you see it, possibly even been subject to it. And another thing, meth is an illegal drug, period. illegal is illegal, report that your mom's boyfriend is using meth to the police, and ask them not to use your name. That is a sure fire way to get him out of the house. I know someone who got hooked up in meth and because he and his dad got in a fight in the morning, that night he went in and shot him in the face. He had no history of being violent. This guy does! As it has been noted all over this site, esp. in IMO, people who are cruel to animals are much MUCH more likely to become serial killers. I am not really trying to scare you, just trying to open your eyes to the fact that this is a life or death situation if left to brew long enough.

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

Please, please, please urge your mom to get help. Mental abuse IS domestic violence and, even if he has not been physical with her yet, it could VERY easily get to that point. If your mom would like help getting out, give her this #: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233). Calls are free and confidential.
Please feel free to PM me if you'd like. This is what I do for a living and I'd love to help you if I can in any way.
I hope that you have contacted Amy regarding this. She will have the best advice and information for you. Please stay safe!

cincocatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, you and your sister MUST leave. And I agree it could very well be the wake up call your mother needs. Like many others, I've also been in an abusive relationship, and believe me, he won't stop, but only get worse. PLEASE help your mother by helping you and your sister get out.

zoe'n'misskitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How old is your sister? If she is a minor, then your mother may be guilty of child endangerment since there is drug use in the home...not to mention the high potential for physical violence by that drug user. You might want to tell her this...and if it doesn't get her attention, call Child Protective Services.
Even if your sister is over 18, you might want to call Social Services anyway...your local Department of Human Services office has social workers who are trained to help people deal with and get out of abusive situtations. They also have a LOT of resources to direct you to. Social workers aren't just for abused or neglected kids...they're also for adults who are having rough times.

And PM Amy!! She knows what she's talking about and can probably help you.