A Silly Question!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Of course short
....I´m male...
Please tell my husband men should have short nails. His are usually longer than mine, and stronger (I hate him
) When I complain he says they are his spare screwdrivers.

I LOVE the look of my hands with long nails but they just won't work with me. It seems like if I completely ignore them and let them do their thing, most will start growing but will need shaped. As soon as I shape them, they start breaking and tearing. So, I just gave up. Funny thing is, the nails I really don't have any problem with are my ring fingers and pinkie fingers. All the rest are just stubborn.

I've had acrylic nails twice, once for a friends wedding and once for mine, and I hated them! The first time I didn't file them down futher before the rehersal dinner, and I honestly couldn't eat because I wasn't used to my fingernails being that long...I couldn't hold a fork or knife. And, forget about writing (yes, I had to sign as a witness...I don't think the signature would hold up in court). I also couldn't stand the feeling, and scratching just wasn't the same. It was like I was scratching with a 2X4.

Now, if only my fingernails were as strong as my toenails I would have it made! My toenails can be lethal weapons, and my husband swears they should be outlawed. But, they DO come in handy sometimes.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i like the way long ones look... but i have really crappy nails - they flake off in layers, & then they're really thin & break. so i keep them short.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

i like the way long ones look... but i have really crappy nails - they flake off in layers, & then they're really thin & break. so i keep them short.
What she said

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like medium length nails but my nails are so thin that they are like razor blades
and they bend and break and/or peel and/or split down the centre. So they never get very long. Also, when I work I can't have long nails because it's hard to grip IV needles and stuff, not to mention that I could stab/scratch someone with them.

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I keep mine long. I like the look and I have really strong nails. The pets like em long too! I the always come to me when they need a hard to reach place scratched

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a nail biter. I have tried EVERYTHING to stop. I will go through phases that I let them grow out for months and they look pretty then something makes me mad or I get nervous and I bit them off. They look god-awful! Right now I have them painted black and they have been for a few weeks in preparation for the game tomorrow

Someday I would LOVE to have long beautiful manicured finagernails

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gross! Do you know what can be under those nails? I can't even stay in the room with someone biting their nails.
I have to keep mine really short so I will not scratch my massage clients.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the look of medium long natural nails. Unfortunately, they aren't practical for me at work....too hard to tie suture and make close approximations of tissue planes. Artificial nails are forbidden in ALL direct patient care areas in our hospital. They are a breeding ground for fungi and bacteria, no matter how much you wash your hands. My nails are paper thin and weak, probably from doing daily surgical scrubs, and wearing latex gloves for the last 25 years. In the winter my skin gets so cracked and dry from the chemicals in the scrub soaps. I wish there was a magic cure for dry skin and weak, peeling nails!