A Sign From My Cat Crossing Over

monica araceli

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_0718.PNG IMG_0675.JPG IMG_0672.jpg
My cat Barry was put down last week. He had a respiratory infection that he was too weak and old to fight. The other night, I was reading on grief over pets + how pets can visit you from afterlife. I came across this story that a lady had posted about how when her dog passed, she asked him to send her a blue butterfly so she'd know he was okay. I thought it was kinda silly but i still did it too. I sent a mental message to Barry asking him to send me a green insect (green bc the color of his eyes). The next day, i got a weird urge to open my blinds. I pulled the blinds all the way up and moved the curtains out of the way, which is something I never do. Around 11 pm, my blinds were still open and I was almost falling asleep when I heard something hit my window. I check to go see what it was and I saw a big green grasshopper!! It went right to the spot where Barry used to lay, by the patio doors and stayed there for a bit then came back to my window where it stayed until I fell asleep. I know it could've been a coincidence, but i like to think it was Barry letting me know that he was okay. ❤

wombat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful story. I'm sure Barry must've been telling you that he's OK.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think it is coincidence at all.....There are too many things in this world that are unexplained, CAN'T be explained, put down to what we think of as 'normal' in a worldly sense, when we truly don't know what is on the other side. I believe there is a spark, a soul, an 'essence' in every living thing that makes them who they are. That is why when we view our dead they just don't quite seem 'right', there is something missing, it is gone from their earthly body. The coincidences are too great for that grasshopper to be green, to go to the spot where Barry used to lay, to come there at all!
When my Chrissy passed my husband and I were crying that night and looking at the winter night sky, when my husband cried out " Chrissy, I just wish I knew you were OK, did you make it, are you in heaven? At that exact moment a shooting star blazed sideways across the sky. A shooting star in December? We hadn't seen one in years, much less one that shot sideways, and why at that time? Then every day for weeks I found a single hair on my vanity every morning. A distinctive, ringed hair that only my Chrissy had, she was a tabby. I took great comfort in knowing she was trying to comfort me, I collected and saved every one of those hairs. Now I think back and smile, let it be up to Chrissy to send a sign in such a dramatic way, my little drama queen!
In the weeks to come you will begin to doubt what you saw, you will analyze and explain away your miracle. Just let it be, it happened, it IS as you believe, it was Barry using that bond that exists between the two of you to bring comfort, to let you know he is OK, that he will always be near. Love is spiritual, not physical, it will remain until the end of time.Try to remember he IS near, he is watching over you, he sends his love and thanks for the life you shared. He also sees your sadness, and wishes it wasn't because of him. He wants for you to go on with life, to share the legacy of love he entrusted to you, to be happy once more just as you would want for him if you were the first to go. That is because love is never selfish, or hateful, or possessive. It means wanting the very best of everything for the one who shares your heart. It means letting go of your pain and having it stay in the past, where it belongs, to celebrate knowing that sweet boy and sharing the time you did with him, to look forward to the future and feeling confident he will never be far away.
My heart goes to you, I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers, take care of yourself....... RIP sweet Barry, you were not content in leaving this world without leaving some measure of comfort behind. You gave a sign, priceless comfort to the one you love above all else. A sign that only YOU could give. You feel secure in knowing that you will always be held in a loving heart. May God bless you both, may that love continue for eternity. Good night, sleep tight, sweet Prince!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with Di and Bob, it is most definitely a sign, he wanted to let you know that he is fine now, that he is happy and in no more pain, and that he had a wonderful life here with you but he had to move on to the next one.

We have used an animal communicator a few times, and she told us that mental imaging and visualization is very powerful, and the cats can pick up on it. When Simon passed from stomach cancer, 3 months later we got Stanley, and were having some questions/issues with him and he also did about 10 or 11 things that only Simon used to do, none of the other cats and first of all she sensed relief from Simon, he was happy to leave his Earthly body as he was in much pain, but also that he LOVED it here with Deb & I and wanted to let us know through Stanley that his spirit was still here, and once we knew this we talked outloud to him, told him it's okay, we know, and he of course is welcome here, and after that Stanley stopped doing all but a few of the things Simon used to do!

Simon passed May 2014, Sebastian passed 11/2015, Sylvester who is in my avatar looks like those two combined, reminds me daily of them. When I was in the process of getting Sylvester, one night I had an "impression" come to me, I have these from time to time, my Grandmother and mother did and do too, I was not dreaming, I was awake, but all of a sudden I got this "image" of two "presences", I couldn't see any faces they were more like "forms", but the one on the left was black and I knew that was representing Sebastian, the one on the right represented my Grandmother; the black one (Sebastian) started to slowly come closer and twice I heard the words "do it....do it!", and I knew he was talking about getting Sylvester so I said mentally "I will buddy, I'll get him..." and the black image went back to where it came from and they both faded away. True story, but I've had many things like this happen, white feathers appearing after someone died, black and white feathers after Simon died and he was black and white tuxedo, so what happened to you was CERTAINLY a sign from your boy, so treasure that and keep that memory with you until you meet again!

God Bless....

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
That most definitely was a sign from your boy, he is saying "hello" and letting you know that he is just fine now, and he thanks you for taking such good care of him all these years. That is a special moment and memory for you to cherish until you meet up with him again!

Sorry for your loss, but he is saying "it's okay, I'm okay now".

God Bless....:alright:

Kitten70

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful story, your Barry looked a lot like my Kitty. When he passed away last week, I was crying, looked through the window and saw a black butterfly (usually the ones I always see are white or yellow), I thought it was him peeking through to see me one more time...

meelasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It was the sign you asked for. These animals are not given the credit they truly deserve. Only we know just how smart they are and how much love they are capable of giving. I still feel my Meela once in a while getting up on my bed. It's something that can't be explained, but it's a believable sign that they are reaching out.