A Short Film For Chai

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I made a slideshow video to remember and celebrate the life of my dear angel Chai, who passed away in early December. As you can imagine I cried nonstop while putting it together, but I also think it has been very healing for me to make. It helps me focus on the good times and her legacy, and what a profound impact she had on my life. I will never forget her.

It's very very long, since it's mostly for my own memories and I found it hard to leave any clips out, but I figured I'd share in case anyone wants to watch a few minutes of it as a glimpse into the beautiful, bittersweet experience I had loving and socializing this former feral kitty. (Hopefully the audio won't get muted. :( ).

I also just want to say thank you to rubysmama rubysmama , @Avery , Tobermory Tobermory , Lari Lari , @white shadow , @dustydiamond1 , @CL56 , and everyone else who followed Chai's story thread and supported us. Thank you so much. I truly couldn't have done it without all of you. Through your kindness and wise advice, you helped make Chai's time with me the best it could be, even from afar. :hearthrob:

Last edited:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm going to cry. My eyes are watering already and I haven't even looked at the video. I don't know what it was that touched me so about Chai, rosegold rosegold . Whether it was your compelling, articulate and heartfelt writing or Chai's indomitable little spirit and endearing face and mannerisms, I tuned in every morning to see how you and Chai and Chilli were doing. And even as she got sick, I knew she was so incredibly lucky to be with you even for such a short time. You gave her comfort and caring and safety. I was--and am still--heartbroken over your loss. I won't forget her.

Must stop. Can't see the screen...

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's a beautiful video. I just wish I didn't know how it ends. And for that reason I started getting teary almost from the start, and had to go get a tissue. I will eventually watch the entire thing, but for now I've watched the first 6 minutes.

Chai was a special kitty for sure. I'm glad you rescued her and gave the the best life a little kitty could ever ask for. I'm just so sorry it was for such a short length of time. :hearthrob: :angel: :hearthrob:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
. I don't know what it was that touched me so about Chai, rosegold rosegold . Whether it was your compelling, articulate and heartfelt writing or Chai's indomitable little spirit and endearing face and mannerisms, I tuned in every morning to see how you and Chai and Chilli were doing.
I felt the same way! There was just something about Chai that made me keep going back to her story, from the first time rosegold rosegold saw her and couldn't even gey her at first. And I don't think it's just my calico love, it was her. She was a once in a lifetime cat.

I'm not at home and can't watch right now, but I definitely will do so in the next few days.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I haven't been able to watch any more of it either. Just too heart-breaking. :sniffle:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I honestly can’t even watch it myself, not after finishing making it... even the happy parts are too upsetting still. I haven’t been coping well these days and it’s just too hard. But I know in the future I will be really glad to have it to remember her by. And sharing her with others helps ease the pain, too, knowing that her lovely little soul didn’t leave this world unnoticed without touching a few hearts along the way. Thanks to those who watched any or all of it. :hearthrob:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And sharing her with others helps ease the pain, too, knowing that her lovely little soul didn’t leave this world unnoticed without touching a few hearts along the way.
I'm glad it helps you knowing there's cat people out here who share your pain and loss of dear sweet Chai. :hearthrob:

Every so often a cat on TCS grabs my heart with its claws and becomes one who I will never forget. Sweet adorable Chai is one of them. :hearthrob::hearthrob::angel::hearthrob::hearthrob:

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How did I miss this? I watched it straight through, and it's a perfect tribute to Chai. I really believe she's still happy to know that she meant that much to you.