A sense of gloom - things not looking good in Israel

alicat613

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Happy Anniversary. I do hope you guys can find a way to have a celebration and escape from your troubles for a little bit. I think about you and the others I know in Israel every time I hear or see more news, and worry about your safety. We all hope that this can all be peacefully resolved very soon.

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My prayers and thoughts are with you and yours, ever day. I think, too, of Catherine. I'm confident you, as a former serving officer in the military, will take every proper precaution regarding the safety of your family.

Most of us here in the States cannot imagine the awful reality which you face every hour of every day just now. Personally, I was exposed to such a scenario whilst in military service in the Republic of Viet Nam — though that was for only one year.

The Vietnamese people, as is surely the case with the citizens of Israel (and the majority of Palestinians) today, wanted only to go about their business and lead "normal" lives; yet to do so meant exposing themselves to the impersonal devastations of automatic-weapons fire and artillery barrages. It was a tragic scene to behold!

Yet, you shall be safe! I know you will. To think otherwise would be to give in to a bottomless fear which clouds one's judgment and leads nowhere. May the Almighty be forever at the side of you, your husband and your son. And may peace come soon to your nation and neighbors.

Love,

Joe (plus Michaela and Tonya)

=^..^=

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is a bit late, but Happy Anniversary! I hope you had a peaceful one, and a very safe anniversary dinner. Give little Ron a hug for me.

billchamb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's exactly it! I figured it hadn't gone un-commented on, I just hadn't looked hard enough.

Thanks for the "Bump" to raise my awareness.

Bill