A Scrappie Tale

rampionrampage

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So, summer of '13 I was having a rough time. My therapist said I should 'take care of something'. She meant something like a garden.

Instead, we got Scrappie.

My boyfriend's mom first heard her cry one afternoon while in the garden. She saw the poor thing under a pile of scrap metal (popular with t he local strays), but wanted to give mama a chance to come by.

A few hours later, she was still crying and had squirmed out from under the pile, into the rain, and BF's mom couldn't help herself. She came to us (we live in a basement apartment at her house), cupping this tiny hamster-like thing, in tears, saying she should have let nature take its course.

The joke now is that if we had let nature take its course, Scrappie probably would have come to the door and knocked.

Last edited by a moderator:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
What an adorable little mite!  
     I think you should post a photo of grown-up Scrappie!

Bless you for taking this tiny "scrap" of a thing in and nursing her to health.  
  She obviously wanted to live and you made that possible.  

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

What an adorable little mite!  
   I think you should post a photo of grown-up Scrappie!

Bless you for taking this tiny "scrap" of a thing in and nursing her to health.  
  She obviously wanted to live and you made that possible.  
Couldn't agree more.   What a heart stopping photo album - Scrappie is way too cute for anyone elses good.   

I'm thinking determined little soul who is definitely making her presence known to the world in the nicest of ways.  That super cute tiny scrap has grown in to a stunning cat, and she looks beautifully healthy, happy and relaxed there with you.  
   If you gave me a choice between a plant or garden then I'd be with you - cat every time!   

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
That is a very special video!
 I wish I had something like that for Paul and Chula but they were already adults when I got them.  Watching Scrappie grow from being such a tiny vulnerable little peanut to a healthy energetic kitten is really heartwarming.  Who is the other kitty in the picture?  He or she is a real beauty.  And it's obvious Scrappie is spoiled rotten - all those toys!  She was truly lucky the day you came into her life. 

The music was perfect, btw!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rampionrampage

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

That is a very special video!
 I wish I had something like that for Paul and Chula but they were already adults when I got them.  Watching Scrappie grow from being such a tiny vulnerable little peanut to a healthy energetic kitten is really heartwarming.  Who is the other kitty in the picture?  He or she is a real beauty.  And it's obvious Scrappie is spoiled rotten - all those toys!  She was truly lucky the day you came into her life. 

The music was perfect, btw!

I spent so. many. hours with her. I'd do feedings every two hours (I took late night/day shifts, my boyfriend's mom took early morning/evening shifts) and sometimes it would take an hour. I watched most seasons of Sons of Anarchy while doing her feedings to the point I started dreaming about Sons of Anarchy and kittens. Taking video was another way to stay sane. :) Otherwise you forget what all that work is for. Especially when she was sick and not eating and pooping snot. I mean. Ew.

The toys are hand-me-downs from the three cats before her, and some from my boyfriends' mom since hers didn't use them anymore (she and her cats live upstairs, our cats are down here with my boyfriend and me). Beyond spoiled.

The other kitty is Kanine. That's the guy that Scrappie tortures in the video. They're nearby but they still aren't friends, I think Kanine never forgave her - or me. :p

Last edited: