A Scene From Christmas Vacation?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! How did he end up in the tree? :jawdrop:

Very cute pictures, BTW! I still haven’t put up my Christmas decorations yet, but it is an exciting time of the year for cats. Charlie loves batting at the dangling ornaments, but he’s never had anything as exciting as a chipmunk!

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How much fun that must have been basscat basscat , did chippie make it safely outside without tipping your tree? I'm waiting to put ours up, not looking forward to chasing the new kitten out of it. Major Tom doesn't seem to know about curiosity and cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH, it gets worse. Ended up being quite expensive.
The chipmunk came out from in between the insert and the fireplace. Buddy saw him and the chase was on. Both of them, straight into the Christmas tree.
Chipmunk then took off into the dining room.
Buddy found him and back into the tree the both went.
Several minutes later, out of the tree again. This time under my recliner, and up into the back of it.
Took the recliner to the front porch.
Removed a bunch of staples, peeled back the upholstery, grabbed him and let him go.
Got everything put back together and back in place.
Went to put Gibs to bed.
During the battle, I had stuck some of the "stuffing" out of my recliner, into my front shirt pocket. And forgot about it.
No sooner than I walked into Gibs' room, I looked down and saw white fluffy sticking out of my shirt pocket...at about the same time I saw Gibs "LAUNCH" look. My hand hit my shirt pocket a fraction of a second before Gibs' mouth hit the back of my hand. This the hand I been handling chipmunk with. And he CHOMPED!!
I grit my teeth, grabbed him, took him to the floor and heard something "PING" the side of the Coke Box. My dabm tooth!
Good news, they sewed my tooth back on! (more or less...LOL). The things a mere $750 can do for a person. Merry Christmas ME!!!
And Buddy must have caught the chipmunk a day or so earlier, brought him in the house, and lots him. Buddy's been going bonkers for the last couple of nights. I assume that's why.

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OH, it gets worse. Ended up being quite expensive.
The chipmunk came out from in between the insert and the fireplace. Buddy saw him and the chase was on. Both of them, straight into the Christmas tree.
Chipmunk then took off into the dining room.
Buddy found him and back into the tree the both went.
Several minutes later, out of the tree again. This time under my recliner, and up into the back of it.
Took the recliner to the front porch.
Removed a bunch of staples, peeled back the upholstery, grabbed him and let him go.
Got everything put back together and back in place.
Went to put Gibs to bed.
During the battle, I had stuck some of the "stuffing" out of my recliner, into my front shirt pocket. And forgot about it.
No sooner than I walked into Gibs' room, I looked down and saw white fluffy sticking out of my shirt pocket...at about the same time I saw Gibs "LAUNCH" look. My hand hit my shirt pocket a fraction of a second before Gibs' mouth hit the back of my hand. This the hand I been handling chipmunk with. And he CHOMPED!!
I grit my teeth, grabbed him, took him to the floor and heard something "PING" the side of the Coke Box. My dabm tooth!
Good news, they sewed my tooth back on! (more or less...LOL). The things a mere $750 can do for a person. Merry Christmas ME!!!
And Buddy must have caught the chipmunk a day or so earlier, brought him in the house, and lots him. Buddy's been going bonkers for the last couple of nights. I assume that's why.
basscat basscat not the fun I imagined! How is your hand? I imagine a Bobcat bite could do alot of damage.