A sad story about Salem

leper

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Although it happened 5 years ago I'll share this sad tale. My girlfriend and I w'ere splitting up and we owned a big home with 6 cats. I didn't really like 6 cats but I got affectioned to every one of them, especially the 14 year old black cat Salem who thought he was people. Anyways without going into too much detail.... The story goes like this.
On the final day I was leaving the house, I was in tears, and she was in tears as to the end of the relationship I had a full final load in my jeep, and left the 4 car garage for the last time as I backed up I felt a bump "i guess you could all take a guess"........ I ran over Salem, well that day turned into a far worse day than it could of been, and to this day I still have the image of that poor cat on my brain..........
Now I have Moxie, who for some strange reason has most of the characteristics Salem did and as much personality, but I guess the owners instill the personality in the cats....

snowballsmommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry about what happened. But yes owners do instill the cats personalilites. My two cats came from a home where they weren't socialized at all and were withdrawn. Now they are very lovable cats with alot of love to share. Its hard to get over what has happened. Just think of the love you have for him and give to your new kitty.

daidreamer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What a said story
I am happy that you do have a new baby now. Thank you for sharing your story. Something like that would stay embedded in my mind too. To know that you still feel for this little one means you have a good heart and you have a consious and you still feel guilty for what happened. I know it was an accident and you need to let it rest. You will never forget but you need to forgive yourself.

Sending lots of love and good vibes your way.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a haunting tragedy!! You don't mention Moxie's age, but some of my elders believe that the unborn live in heaven with those who have already lived. If that is the case, Salem & Moxie were "up there" together. The Bible does say that God knows us before we are born (I apologize to anyone who might be offended by my writing this), so it makes sense to me.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that is so sad. What a horrible day that was for you! I'm telling you now, if there was a thread for what you would do differently in your life, I could list quite a lot. I am sorry you lost your beloved Salem, and to be in such a tragic accident is just heartbreaking.

I hope you will continue to post about Moxie at the CatSite! Welcome!

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so very sorry to hear of this tragic story

Originally Posted by catsknowme

You don't mention Moxie's age, but some of my elders believe that the unborn live in heaven with those who have already lived. If that is the case, Salem & Moxie were "up there" together.
I am not religious, but I do believe its possible that Salem sent Moxie to you. Did Moxie join your family after the loss of Salem?

5 years on and Salem is still watching you from the rainbow bridge and looks forward to the day when you will once again be re-united

RIP