a quick rant about an upcoming wedding...

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO I'd tell her that because you were not notified till the last min and you have plans for that day, you cannot come
I agree. It really doesn't sound as if you're best friends anyway, just that you don't want to be rude. And I understand you being ticked about not about the change of plans. (it's a running joke in my family that I'm always the last to know anything; a joke to them, but not funny to me at all)
You're under no obligation to show up if you don't want to. Since you already had plans for that night, why not make an appearance then let the bride know you have a previous engagement and can't stay? I don't think I'd bother to tell her you don't like the idea of a stripper. After all, it's her party and if she wants to get plastered with a half naked man, that's her call

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you know, i think i'd be ok with the stripper if it wasn't in a living room....that's just too close for comfort.

and i WOULD let the bride know I already have plans, but the problem is she was in them too and i know she's going to cancel. we were supposed to have dinner with our husband/finance and the boys' parents and godparents. the godparents are the officiants for the ceremony.....it was to plan the wedding details. so i don't think i can say to the bride, oh i have plans...i'm going to the dinner you are skipping out on....

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can't exactly have a bachelorette party without the bride...
Maybe the plans you guys have is where it's all going to start? Have you told the MOH that the bride has plans too that night? It's all so darn complicated... I feel for you. *hugs*

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are NOT a prude! I don't think you were left out intentionally, as she did call, maybe she just doesn't like answerphones - not everyone will leave a message. (I know, it's v annoying though!) Just do what you feel comfortable with. I went to a night club later on in the night of my hen do and not evetyone came as it wasn't their scene. I wasn't at all bothered, I was just really pleased that people showed up at all! I hope it all works out ok and you have a good time whatever happens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks for all the great advice guys. i mentioned the fact that the bride had made plans and that she had no idea about the party....

also, verizon is really great (not). my cell just beeped to tell me i had a message, from the MOH from MONDAY.......sheesh. Glad I have a cell ya know?