A Question of age

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Or feelings hurt? Whatever that means. Your vet will be the one to tell you when he will safely spay. Mine won't spay till the cat is 6 months old, but more and more vets are doing early spay and neuters, so ask your vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zen_mistress

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sometimes my kittens will get mad at me for spending the night somewhere and leaving them alone in our house I can imagine how they would feel after leaveing them in a animal hospital for days because of something I did to soon you know.

Thanks for the advice.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spaying normally requires only one night in hospital and sometimes not even that - my vet lets me drop them off in the morning, having not fed them since the previous evening, and if all goes well I pick them up around 3 or 4 in the afternoon, and keep them isolated and quiet so they can sleep it off at home. Other vets like to monitor them for a night. It is not a big deal - they are pretty woozy for a day, so sleep is usually the priority..

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zen_mistress

Sometimes my kittens will get mad at me for spending the night somewhere and leaving them alone in our house
They're probably just starved for attention when you get home. I really don't think they're "mad" at you.
So don't worry about them holding it against you for getting spayed.

anya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitties were spayed at 6months, but they had to check that my male kitties balls had dropped first.