A question for fellow non-fellows - the pill

enuja

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I actually found a gynecologist who would put in an IUD in me, but I do very well on BC pills, my health insurance doesn't cover IUDs but has the pill I'm using right now at only $10 a month, and I found out my spouse was unaccountably uncomfortable with IUDs. I could have done it anyway, but I simply don't have enough desire for an easier way to do birth control to go ahead and get an IUD.

So, women out there who have never been pregnant and want an IUD; find a gynecologist who likes IUDs and is experienced with putting them in, and he or she will give you an IUD, too. You'll need an IUD-experienced gynecologist to take it out in a few years, but there are plenty of them around.

I also used the nuvaring (a plastic ring, kinda looks like a very small cheap clear plastic bracelet), which goes into your vagina and releases hormones from there. It's a hormonal method, so if the hormones are your problem with the pill, this isn't for you. It worked reasonably well, but it kept falling out during sex. That's okay, but it's just a little bit annoying (and not as cheap every month as the generic pill I'm on right now).