A question for all the singles

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I gey lonely sometimes. But I have Ari, a couple close friends and if Im really feeling down I call my mom and cry to her. Most days Im fine though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

My feelings exactly. Even when I was slim and cute, I didn't draw much interest from men... and as a result, I had no idea how to handle attention when it did come along, so I usually missed the signals. In fact, a couple of years ago, I suddenly realized that something I'd taken as a joke had actually been a very nice guy asking me out -- sixteen years earlier!

And if it takes me sixteen years to get the message, that might explain why I don't have a date for Saturday night.

Anyway, my former Significant Other (who is still my best friend) tells me that most men feel threatened by women like me, who are intelligent and deep-feeling and have the ability to get a laugh. So apparently the very qualities that make me worth having are actually scaring people off!

Do you suppose that's what's happening with you, too? How do we get these guys to recognize what they're missing?
Originally Posted by megagene

I know how you feel. I have been so unlucky in love this year it's not even funny. I went to a Christmas party on Friday night and I was one of the only people who wasn't married/expecting a child/coupled up with someone. I mean I love spending time with my good friends, but it does kind of suck when you have to go to the party alone and leave alone. Right now, Kitty is the only lady in my life, and I suspect that she only sticks around because I feed her.

Oh well...Prove me wrong 2008!
Originally Posted by Duchess15

This is my situation!!! I never thought there would be someone out there like myself. You know what the funny part is? Here in Texas, no one even gives me a second look, but when I visit family in Germany and am with their friends, I have no problems. Part of the problem is I am more open and myself, here I am more guarded.

You are NOT alone! I am 27 and never had a bf. I've been on one date, and it was a formal one. There was a guy I liked in high school, he tried to do things that pleased me, but he didn't feel the same as I did. His best friend ended up liking me, but never told me.

Since that time I was very active in school and tennis up into college. Then I applied for a program and started a career. I used to be happy single, but I have no siblings, and will have to look after my parents, I get lonely most of the time now.

Almost everyone I know is either married, in a relationship, divorced and/or has kids. I feel left out most of the time because I think people think I won't be able to relate, etc.

I don't know if I will ever find someone. I don't go out except to go shopping. I know what I want, but I don't know if someone will ever want me.

If I do find someone it is usually a pervert. I've been hit on by many OLD guys and have had to tell them off.

Then if I do talk to someone, I just get scared. I'm always busy doing something. Sometimes I think I'll be alone forever and that is scary to someone who has no family around here to help out should something happen to my parents. So don't feel bad. You are not alone.
Originally Posted by Green Bunny

Yeah. No one has ever loved me. I feel disgusting.

Tricia
Some of these things are exactly how I feel. I hate that anyone else feels this way, but thank you all for sharing!!!! It makes it a little easier to know I'm not alone. I do have to say I'm not good at picking up on the signals. I've told friends who are better at those things about things men have said to me & they say "Duh he said that because he likes you." My guess is I miss out on some really nice guys because when they try to send me a message that they are intrested I miss the message.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've found that I don't make good relationship choices, so I prefer to stay out of the whole dating scene. Yes, sometimes I do miss having a SO to do things with. And yes, I do miss the physical contact...a lot! The only relationships I've been in have been with unfaithful men (my ex husband) or a physically abusive one (Psycho Dan), so I've decided to just forget about relationships. I've always been sort of a loner anyhow, and found it difficult to meet people (of either sex) so I guess being alone is sort of my natural state. I have a couple of really close girlfriends that I do things like shopping, movies, and dinner with, and I do a lot of stuff with my parents. My cats are where I get my love and affection. There's just something about their unconditional love that seems to make it all right.

Sending hugs to you. There is something about the holiday season that brings out the loneliness in even hard-core, anti-relationship people like me, too!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes having someone in your life can be just as lonely. I love my SO dearly, but sometimes I feel more like the maid than a partner. It annoys him to have me in the house about half the time. I know it is because he is bi-polar, but it can be really hard sometimes.