A problem may have moved in next door.

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there a reason you don't want to tell your neighbor that those cats are your "babies"? What's to keep him from shooting one if them if he sees one hunting a bird snd thinks it's just a random feral no one cares about?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

folgers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I wanted to post an update. Neighbor and I are getting along well. He has shot several more coyotes and that seems to have decreased the number of kittys that come up missing. He understands that we are doing our best to keep the cats out of trouble on his property. We did check with the sheriff about this and while there are laws.....they are reluctant to get into disputes over animals.

Short story, we have been civil and there have been no more issues. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, that's great. I'm glad to hear the situation is working out well.

It's always good to be on friendly terms with your neighbours, he may even turn out to be an ally if he's helping to keep the coyotes away.

Good luck with your cats and all your other animals.

rac44

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
God, I am against shooting any animal just for the sake of keeping the population down. People need to remember it is land development and the over population of people that has pushed so many animals out of their natural habitat so we blame them and then feel that killing them is right. As the human population continues to grow the problem will only get worse not better.

I cared for a feral cat for over 4 years until I finally had to have him put down due to his health getting worse and worse. Did he breed more kittens? I have no idea. But I do know that I could never "kill" another animal just because I thought they were a nuisance. I have a heart for all of natures wildlife and respect all creatures, Possum's and Raccoons never asked to be driven into people's backyards we did that ourselves and blame them. I feed a Raccoon every night and over the years have helped a number of female Raccoons have their babies and as long as their are people out there who think that they should be shot because their poor yard is being invaded on I will continue to.

I always tell people if you live anywhere near the city or in a development it's best to keep your cat indoors but people never listen so they end up lost, beaten up by other animals ect. I blame people for being so ignorant. That being said, if you happen to live in a place with lots of land and no neighbors perhaps you can get away with it. People keep their dogs in fenced yards and leashes I wish people would be responsible and KEEP THEIR CATS INDOORS it's not fair to the cat because you are playing a game of risk at that point by letting them out.

If I ever saw anyone where I live shooting anything I'd be on them so fast your head would spin. But always remember, there are no bad animals just bad owners. And since our society values "progress" and the ripping down of forest expect other animals to pay you a visit though I am sure they probably would not.