A political joke for the Canadians

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got this in an e-mail and thought it was pretty good.

A man is stuck in a traffic jam going into downtown. Nothing is moving north or south. Suddenly, a man knocks on his window.

The driver rolls down his window and asks "What happened? What's the hold-up?"

The man says "Terrorists have kidnapped Michael Ignatieff, Jack Layton, Gilles Duceppe, and Prime Minister Harper. They are asking for a ten million dollar ransom... otherwise, they are going to douse them with gasoline and set them on fire. We are going from car to car, taking up a collection.".

The driver asks "On average, how much is everyone else giving?"

The man responds "About a litre..."

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

OMG! That about sizes it up!

I thought Sara Palin in the USA election was a complete joke, however if she were running for PM in Canada right now, she'd have my vote. That's how idiotic the current candidates are!!!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

OMG! That about sizes it up!

I thought Sara Palin in the USA election was a complete joke, however if she were running for PM in Canada right now, she'd have my vote. That's how idiotic the current candidates are!!!
I would hate to see the candidates that are running if you would actually consider voting for Sarah Palin! (I wouldn't vote for her if she was the only one running.)

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

I would hate to see the candidates that are running if you would actually consider voting for Sarah Palin! (I wouldn't vote for her if she was the only one running.)
On the whole, they are a sad lot, with Harper on the right, Iggy and Layton on the left and Duceppe out in lala land. Now, if I recall, Palin is also pretty far to the right, probably far enough to make Harper look left and the other two appear to be ready to set up a commune and that still leaves Duceppe in lala land. The real issue here is stick with the devil you know or try a different flavour devil.

Personally, I am all for sending Iggy back to whatever ivy league university he was at; I, for one, cannot accept a wannabe leader who spent years and years renouncing Canada then coming back whinging he is sorry and wants to come home, followed by a statement that if he didn't get the Liberal leadership, he would return home to whatever university town.

I do have to give Smilin' Jack Layton credit for gumption if nothing else - he is campaigning on a broken hip and the smile remains intact. He has been going non-stop since the day of the election call which the other two haven't done. His chances are remote although I hope he makes the official opposition to Harper; he is a better choice than Iggy.

The true election here is really for the Opposition anyways, according to polls and stats.

And.....TigerOnTheProwlm the joke is still funny, even after several name changes!!!LOL The original was long before gas was sold in litres.