A nutrition paper I wrote for class... Thought I'd share it here, too

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really wish people would just say Evo when they are talking about Evo. Instead of Innova Evo. Two completly different foods.
You said "Innova Evo" and "Evo" are 2 different foods. They aren't. Innova and EVO are 2 different foods, but calling EVO "Innova EVO" wouldn't be wrong since they make it, and since that used to be its name.

Not that it matters :tongue2:. Just a confusing little detail.

hobo08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You said "Innova Evo" and "Evo" are 2 different foods. They aren't. Innova and EVO are 2 different foods, but calling EVO "Innova EVO" wouldn't be wrong since they make it, and since that used to be its name.
Not that it matters
. Just a confusing little detail.
Yes confusing is right..and I meant Innova and Evo are two different foods not Innova Evo and Evo LOL Grr they never should have changed it. I was not aware of it when it was called Innova Evo which is why it annoys me I guess. Same when someone is talking about Holstic Select. I guess it used to be called Eagle Pack Holistic Select. Well now there is Eagle Pack and there is Holistic Select brand.

sevenwonders

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
...and now they make Innova Prime. I have to see the difference between Prime and EVO! Now I'm curious.
The ingredients for both foods are listed together at the beginning of the "Peas? Potato Starch? Fish Meal? Yikes!" thread.

The biggest difference of any consequence is that Evo has a substantial amount of Fish Meal.

Prime contains no fish meal, but it adds a lot of peas.

Personally, I'm more comfortable with the peas for daily use due to potential kidney (and mercury) issues from the fish meal.

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Also, rumor has it Nutro will be changing its formula soon, and not in a good way - so if you feed Nutro, keep watch over your bag's ingredients.

Hi
First of all, "rumor has it" and "not in a good way"?  First off, I don't know where this rumor originated.  Secondly, if and when Nutro changes any of their formulas it will be for the better and not the opposite.  I think your paper contained some good basic information but I have to wonder where all of the opinion in your post comes into play!?  Was this something you turned in or something you are posting on a blog somewhere?

Edit:

Sorry, I did not see your post where you could not attach the entire paper. Mea culpa!  Hope you can sometime post the original paper for us to read.  I would be interested in reading it.  You can always PM me with a copy of it if you would like to.  Good basics in the post.

Last edited: