A new lump

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

immortalflower

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know much at all about this, but at the appointment I shall ask.

immortalflower

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, he had his vet appointment today. I found the whole thing rather upsetting. The vet isn't sure right now how to diagnose him but to me it seems like its leaning to the side of the worst possibilities. All his glands (in his neck and apparently near his hind quarters) are swollen and he has the large lump on his neck near the shoulder. The vet was saying that he seems to be showing many of the signs for a type of lukemia except for his behavior. Peachey is behaving normally, eating well, and not losing any weight, in fact he gained a little bit in the past month and a half. They have taken some tests, I forget what it was called but its when they stick needles in and take some samples. The vet also ordered the tumor that was removed a month and a half ago retested as she can't figure out why that would have come back as not being serious and then this lump reoccuring so quickly. The vet is going to run the test and they are sending the samples to a lab so they can also run the tests. They are calling me with results tomorrow, but I'm not sure if those are their results or the lab's results.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will be sending good thoughts your way

badhabit

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Geez, I'm so sorry to hear this. Honestly I got a bit worried when you mentioned his lymph nodes were swollen.

At least you know your kittie is in good hands with your vet and I wish the best for you and him. I hope eveything turns out for the better. Please let us know what you hear.

immortalflower

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The vet called me just a few minutes ago with the preliminary results on the tests. She was only able to tell me one thing, that it isn't the leukemia and she doesn't have a clue what it is other than it is some kind of cancer. They are sending the samples away to a lab that specializes in this type of thing to find out what kind of cancer it is and whether it is treatable or not. She says we can have at least a smidgeon of hope in the fact that my cat is eating and maintaining his weight well. That makes me feel a little better and gives me a small bit of hope that we can do something. I have to wait approximately 5 days to get the results from the other lab.

When we get results back, I'm only going to treat him if there is a good chance this is a treatable cancer. If it isn't, I don't want to put him through such a hard time just for me. I'd feel selfish giving him more time by causing him discomfort with a treatment. He is 12 years old so I don't want to put him through too much.

Well, thats the update. I shall write again when the other results come in, I shall probably make a new thread for that.