A New Kitty For Me

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
This is Ziggy. My neighbors' of 18 years son died suddenly, unknown why. It is soooo sad, they are devastated. He had a kitty, Ziggy, who is 13 years old- we tried to find her a home and could not, so I have taken her in.
She's a Manx, and has this little nubbin of a tai! A very sweet cat, she's settling in. It's been a week, she didn't eat much at first and I was getting worried, but is eating more now. My neighbors took her to a vet (they couldn't find any vet records in their son's apartment) before turning her over to me and she checked out healthy.
She's just loves pets, brushing, the cat tower by the window...my one kitty Gracie is so curious about her!
My house is full now! She's a plump little thing, and I have 2 grandma kitties now.
She's happy in the room she's in, and will start introduction to the others when it's time! Giving her lots of time to settle after all she's been through.

ZiggyBanner.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a dilute torbie "niece" kitty, Trouble Tubs. Ziggy will stake her claim and carve out a niche for herself in no time, geriatric ole gal extraordinaire. Love "two grandma cats" mentioned. Geris are numero uno here.
Yeah I had decided to adopt only senior cats in the future, got Gracie (12 yrs old) in November, and now comes Ziggy! It's raining grandma kitties.
I get the impression from her regal attitude she will stake a claim. Gracie sticks her paws under the room door to play already. But we will see Ziggy's opinion in time!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww! Welcome Ziggy! She’s another beauty. When I was ten I rescued a Grandma Manx and she became my very best friend immediately. She had been moved around a lot but she was the sweetest lady. She was all gray and I loved her bunny like backside. You did a wonderful thing by adopting Ziggy. I’m so sorry about the loss of your neighbors son. It’s extremely difficult to deal with any loss but the loss of a child just seems out of the natural order of things. My heart goes out to everyone affected. Ziggy is very lucky to have you to love her. I know she will feel the love and be okay now.