A lump on my cats lip?

ih3artcats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her name is Echo and I noticed a little while ago she has a lump on her lip. I was just wondering the possibility of what it could be and when/if I should take her to the vet?

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
It is difficult to see with the brightness of the photograph but I think it is always better to let a vet look at any lumps or bumps that appear and no obvious explanation (like bites).  

It can also be important to know if the lump is changing at all, when you first noticed it, and if it seems to bother your cat at all: either scratching at it, or affecting eating with it being on her lip.    

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It could be a rodent ulcer (not associated with rodents at all), so I'd get her to the vet for a check.

nsc1989

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It kind of looks like rodent ulcer to me, too. I would definitely err on the side of caution and go ahead and take her to the vet.  

marnismom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Tootsie started developing little bumps on her mouth area, when she was young (1 ish). I took her to the vet who gave her steroids, they went away for a long time...but came back. These bumps spread to her chin. We played the steroid game for years because it kept them away for months and I knew what to look for and could catch it right away. The vets decided it was "Eocinophelic granuloma". I know that is spelled wrong. When she got into her teen years she became immune to the steroids. I found the powder form of Colostrum at a Cost Plus, a healthy supplement store in TX. I would mix a bit of powder with water to make a small amount of paste like texture. She loved it, she ate it like a treat, and the bumps went away. I did this every day for the next few years. It was wonderful that she was able to live steroid free the last few years of her life. Knowing she was getting a natural immune system builder was even better. Seeing a vet is never a bad way to go. I am not a health nut but this option was recommended by a friend who is and I can never thank them enough for guiding me to find something to heal my girl and not put a bandaid on her. Best of luck with Echo!