A lot of Cat Behavioral Questions and Confirmations

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

johntkucz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Eath, MilkyWayGalaxy, LocalGroup, SuperVirgoCluste
Originally Posted by Aussie_Dog

Oh my, it IS nice! Molly is so sweet and gentle and loving with me, that I was honest to goodness shocked the first time my family told me she never acts that way with them. I just couldn't believe it. My Molly, NOT sweet and gentle and loving? No way! But it's true, she's more reserved with everyone else, if she hasn't decided to run away from them. I think that her original home must have been abusive, as she sometimes runs even from me if I walk straight at her (and right before she runs from ANYONE, she watches your feet. I'm thinking her past owner must have been a kicker). But regardless, I think she's naturally a one-person kind of cat. Once in a while, she'll lay on my sister's lap while we're watching TV, but she definitely prefers me. It's a great feeling, though it also sucks that I'm the only one who truely knows Molly's personality. Everyone else only knows that she's timid and gentle, and loves to eat.
Molly sounds like quite the character. So many factors go into selective, preferential leniancy to humans from cats. LIke you suggested, previous owner antics (kicking, abusing while wearing certain colors-clothes, smells, etc. all shape a cat's already highly personalized experience!