A little furry surprise

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was making a delivery to the Toys R Us in Arlington, TX, last night. When I hooked up to the empty trailer and started to pull it out of the dock, I saw in my mirror something come off off one of the left tires and go under the other trailer.

Before I put the new trailer in the dock, I took my flashlight back to see if I could figure out what I had seen. I had my suspicions, and a careful search confirmed it. I found a tiny gray tabby and white kitten hiding on top of one of the tires of the storage trailer. I got a hand on it, but it managed to escape. I'm guessing it's feral and about sux weeks old.

I couldn't find where it went, so I hope to go back over there and try to catch it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I drove over to the Arlington store today with my welding gloves and a cat carrier. No sign of the baby.

simka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Perhaps you need a trap and some KFC.  Good luck!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I got back from San Antonio and Laredo at about 1 a.m., I drove over to the Arlington store to see if I could find him.  No luck.

I'm hoping he just got temporarily separated from mom, because I haven't seen any sign of him.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Let's hope so. Maybe somebody else picked him up. It wouldn't surprise me if somebody dumped him there in the hopes that some kind soul would find him and take him in.

daisy the cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Newport Beach, California http://www.facebook.com/
they often get into cars and trucks and into engines too! then the end is not good. they can get killed. look really good all over. i pray the baby is safe. i would get some wet food to see if the smell attracks the baby. then make it an indoor only and love it forever!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, keep in mind this is about 30 miles from my house, so there's no way I could leave out a trap, and I can't afford to drive over there every few hours.  And I'm frequently out of town for two days at time.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bet he found his way back to mom. Let's just hope so :nod: You have done what you can and I just hope that the little one found it's way back to the colony OR that someone else picked him up. :cross: