A little depressed

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here lately I have been thinking alot about my dear baby Oreo. I had her 9 years ago when I was pregnant with my 1st son. She was a petite little thing, black and white long haired sweetheart. She would sleep with me on my belly when I was pregnant and then on my back after I had my son. I am really missing her and wishing she was still here. Don't get me wrong, I love Tiger Reilly and Jake but I was SO attached to Oreo that I cried for WEEKS after she was gone. I would love to have another like her but DH would probably strangle me

I just hope that she is looking down from kitty heaven and knows how much I love and miss her

(Miss you bunches Miss Priss)

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Here lately I have been thinking alot about my dear baby Oreo. I had her 9 years ago when I was pregnant with my 1st son. She was a petite little thing, black and white long haired sweetheart. She would sleep with me on my belly when I was pregnant and then on my back after I had my son. I am really missing her and wishing she was still here. Don't get me wrong, I love Tiger Reilly and Jake but I was SO attached to Oreo that I cried for WEEKS after she was gone. I would love to have another like her but DH would probably strangle me

I just hope that she is looking down from kitty heaven and knows how much I love and miss her

(Miss you bunches Miss Priss)
I really believe she does, and I think she would hope that you would trust that she does.

Maybe she will 'visit' in a dream soon, and you can see her again.

Would you maybe like to post about her in Crossing the Bridge?

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel, I guess that one cat that was special in some way, I lost one to almost exactely 11 years ago. His name was Garby beautiful long haired black cat, My first hubby passed away on July 11, 1995 I was going through a terrible time, Garby woke me in the middle of the night some 3 months later sounding like he was weezing, I paniced and took him to Emergancy vet at about 4 am they told me they thought he had asthma, and told me to take him to my regular vet that morning and I did, I left him there for her to check him over and do whatever she thought, I received a call a few hours later and she told me he has something wrong with his liver and she was pretty sure it was Cancer, I was so Heartbroken that is what My hubby died from. And I regret to this day that I ask her should I put him to sleep and she said yes I think that's best he is suffering, So I told her to go ahead but that I wanted to come and get him and Bury him. It was the absloute worst feeling that I have ever had kinda like the last straw and I didn't even get to see him alive again, I was so confussed I didn't even think about that part because I was crying so hard, and I did cry and still do when I think of him, my heart actually felt boken, it still bothers me to this day 11 years later, I know Oreo must have been special to you or you wouldn't still be missing her so much and it's so very hard to get over it sometimes. I am not a dreamer so I don't have to go through that but seeing your story makes mine come back also. Another one like Oreo there is not and one like my Garby either.. But sometimes they hold a very special place don't they?Sorry I got so long here, but it brought back memories for me
to you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

Another one like Oreo there is not and one like my Garby either..
You're right... I don't think there will ever be another Oreo. I remember her tail would stand straight up as a kitten and it looked just like a stack of Oreo cookies, hence the name. She would come running into the bedroom and walk in circles waiting for me to lay down so she could sleep in the crook of my neck. If I went to sleep w/o her, I would surely wake up with her.. either on my back, my head
inbetween my legs... anywhere as long as it was ON me... *sigh*... I miss her dearly...
Is it bad that I don't have that closeness with Tiger, Reilly and Jake?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

You're right... I don't think there will ever be another Oreo. I remember her tail would stand straight up as a kitten and it looked just like a stack of Oreo cookies, hence the name. She would come running into the bedroom and walk in circles waiting for me to lay down so she could sleep in the crook of my neck. If I went to sleep w/o her, I would surely wake up with her.. either on my back, my head
inbetween my legs... anywhere as long as it was ON me... *sigh*... I miss her dearly...
Is it bad that I don't have that closeness with Tiger, Reilly and Jake?
No, it's not bad. I must be in a sappy mood tonight, because I am sitting her blubbering like a baby. There will never be a cat to replace Oreo. I know how you feel, sort of. When I thought I had lost Twitch, I imagined getting another deaf white kitty, but I knew it would never be the same. You can't replace lost loved ones, but don't worry...someday they always send someone to comfort you. Maybe Oreo sent you Tiger & Reilly to help comfort you.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know as much as I Love my babies...It was just different. He was a shy quite cat and depended on me if some one picked on him.. His face will never leave my memory, some may look the same but they are all so different.. I have 3 tuxies and sometimes when I look at other siggy's I have to take a double look
because they do resemble each other alot sometimes. But all in my siggy are realted except Dunkin, Cammie, and Mickey who looks somewhat like my Garby but oh boy are they different
Sissy and miniman are Brither and sister and the 3 Zs are Sissy's babies
I such a gluten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do know Jake is very attached to me... Don't know why but he is. Maybe it's oreo in the canine form? (goofy thought, I know). He follows me around the house, sleeps in the bed with me (right between DH and I like Oreo did). Matter of fact, he's under my desk asleep right now. I can't even put my feet down
Tiger was very much like Oreo until we moved to the new house and got Jake... I think he's still pissed at me
.. My mom has made the comment on more then one occasion about Oreo. She will be petting Tiger or Reilly and say "Don't you miss Oreo?" Thanks mom!

Oreo was a very shy baby too. She would never come out if someone was visiting. If I wanted to show her off I would have to detach her from under the blankets on my bed or from the top of the closet and she would FREAK out. But when the house was quiet and it was just her and I late at night I would just click my tongue and she would come barreling from across the house to sit in my lap. She would ride on my shoulders around the house like a parrot
and sleep. She was also the only cat I have had that would let me pet her stomach.. Even though Oreo was shy she would put up one heck of a fight if she wasn't happy. I remember when I had to take my bull mastiff to get 3 stitches in her nose because of her!
I have a couple pics of her here but I would have to scan them. They are from "pre-digital camera" days.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This just gets me mushy thinking about the loss of sheba coming up on 2 yrs ago. I think one has that special bond or imprinting with one cat that cannot be duplicated. The garden a volunteered at today had an amazing water feature and I had mentioned to one visitor that sheba loved water so much along with people that she would have been lounging around on the rocks being quite at home.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
there is i think always that one special kitty that, no matter how long we live or how many other pets we get we still remember that one. I know still miss that one cat and its been almost 20 years now. but i can still remember everything about her(lol even the stuff she should not have been doing) I had a chance to see before she moved on. but i still feel sad that i was not there, She was my kitty i drove home 6 hours to see her the day before and i can still remember her trying to get out of her chair to come to me. i went back to school then turned around and drove back home again just so i could bury her with her toys.

there was a time that thinking of her just made me upset and mad. Now when i think of her i remember her running as fast as she could with my mother chasing right behind her yelling "GET THE CAT SHE HAS MY CREDIT CARDS" eheee kitty had a rubber band fetish. so she had taken mom stack of cards that she had stuck together with a rubber band.

I am sure that Oreo knows how much you care for and miss him
remember the fun you had with him, not the saddness of him moving on.