A Little Bit of Kitty Heaven... (Pic Heavy!)

at129

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Now that my little "project" is complete, wanted to show it off a little!

This is our upstairs spare bedroom, which has proved a lifesaver in introducing/integrating Sophie and Jack. Seems like as soon as they had free access to the space, they immediately fell into more normal patterns of interaction. No more extremely-stressed, angry Sophie-Ann, or scared, fearful Jack.

The room is totally theirs...there is a chair in there for "visitors," but mostly everything else is strategically included and placed for kitty use. Blankets and cat beds on the floor and on the furniture, "seats" placed beneath both windows, the kitty tunnel, a litter box, food/water, and a scattering of toys. It needs a few coats of paint (due to teenager-graffiti from my sister's younger years), but they don't seem to mind much.

I think they kinda like it...

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Love the picture of them both looking out the window.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey that's terrific, well done! they look so happy together!

You might want to build or buy them something high though.

Or even put a few bookcases in a stair step pattern, like this:

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
awww how kool, he is coming on leaps and bounds since you got him home he looks so good, as does Sophie shes a little stunner

I love how they are sitting together

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by at129

]
These are my favorite. Sophie is so sleek! Jack is so sweet. but then, I cannot resist a Red Boy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

at129

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

Love the picture of them both looking out the window.
I love the silhouette pictures! I must have 100 pictures like that at this point though... I get so excited every time I see them doing something together, I practically injure myself running for the camera.

Originally Posted by otto

Hey that's terrific, well done! they look so happy together!

You might want to build or buy them something high though.

Or even put a few bookcases in a stair step pattern, like this:
A-ha - Otto comes through with the inspiration! I'm saving for a good cat tree, but in the meantime, was trying to figure out how to arrange things so they could get on top of the huge armoire that's in the room (it's nice and high, and has a huge upper surface - I already have a skid-proof kitty bed to put up there). Your bookshelf photo reminded me of a bookcase that we have tucked away downstairs that might very well be perfect. My poor family isn't going to have anything left by the time I'm done scavenging for kitty furniture.

Originally Posted by -_aj_-

awww how kool, he is coming on leaps and bounds since you got him home he looks so good, as does Sophie shes a little stunner

I love how they are sitting together
Thank you!
Jack is doing wonderfully. He is unbelievably energetic (certainly not the sick, sleepy boy that was getting nosebleeds from all the sneezing when I brought him home!), he has filled out nicely, and his coat is getting as soft and shiny as Sophie's. And he sure loves his sister - even when she's not so sure about him!

Originally Posted by otto

These are my favorite. Sophie is so sleek! Jack is so sweet. but then, I cannot resist a Red Boy.
They really are wonderful - so far, he has conformed to all the red kitty "stereotypes" out there. Talkative, super-affectionate, very playful, all of it. And of course, utterly adorable! I can't get over how his eye color perfectly matches the darker stripes in his coat. And that Sophie...she's my sultry supermodel kitty. She's got those enormous, brilliant yellow-green eyes, and that coat must be touched to be believed.

cattoys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's pretty spacious with full of things to do for the cats, very well done!

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Your kitties have a room of their own! That is so cool!

Love the pic oif the two of them at the window. Just adorable!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love the last picture of them looking out the window. They look like my Max and Speedboat would look if they were still here.