A Huge Fire Destroyed One Of The Mills In Sanford Maine This Weekend..

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I got a message from my dad at 7:45pm Friday night that the mill was fully engulfed in flames-evidently it started about an hour before.

Three boys charged with arson in Sanford mill fire

I couldn't believe how long it burned for-they are still trying to put out the hot spots... There were rumors of homeless people living inside here-I don't know if they have been accounted for..but I watched most of the facebook videos that were shared and I hope I never see another fire like this one. luckily they had the pond right next to it to get water from. Just wanted to share this to those who live/know people in Maine. -there were no injuries thankfully!-

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
That's quite a fire. :jawdrop: It looks like the article has been updated since you posted - the two homeless men were found safe and sound. catman.gif

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
That was such a huge fire. It was all over the news on Friday and Saturday. :( I'm pretty sure we've driven by it a few times.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was up there the previous week for my dad's birthday. I drive through there all the time and there's a small used book store I often shop at-there's a breakfast place at the corner. Jon and I have walked around there last fall-we stopped at the waterfall area and pet a dog that a lady was walking.

My dad lives in Alfred with his girlfriend-which is about 10 minutes from there. She has a sister who lives a few blocks away from that area. The area I drive through is route 202-it's the same road I take to Belfast once a year. I am just sad for the boys who were caught playing with fire. I am sure peer pressure had a big influence with this. I was told the floors were all wood and yes it went up very fast!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you search on Facebook "Sanford fire" there's a ton of facebook live videos floating around- I listened to the audio of one-the flames could be heard snapping and cracking. I couldn't stop watching this Friday night..I feared the other building was going to get engulfed...glad nothing else got in it's path.