A good problem?

ezrafitch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I posted a picture of my 2 one year old Russian Blue cats that I adopted. The foster home I got them from said they were left out in the street in the brutal cold nyc had this year. Not sure why? they are such gorgeous/sweet cats. 

So this is day 3 with my babies! Now I've owned cats, one of them for 17 years and I am huge fan but some of the things these guys do are different. LOL

Believe me I  feel spoiled and I am showering in their love but I'm just curious about their behavior.  Some things that I have noticed: 

1.that 1 cat is attached to my GF already and one is attached to me.

2.They follow us EVERYWHERE lol This includes getting on the sink while we are brushing our teeth, to make cereal I kinda have to hold up the bowl and pour the milk as if I were reaching for the moon lol 

3.One of them leaves our shirt all wet because he loves to suck on it as it were a nipple ( I believe this might be due to being taken away from the mother too early?) Doesn't bother us.

4. Twice when I got home from work one kinda gave me what looks like to be a hug. so sweet lol

5. They are cuddlers! They sleep with us. I see they like to sleep to their backs under our arms like humans. This morning when I got up for work one of them kinda reached up to me meaning carry me. and I did and he fell asleep right there on my shoulder. lol It's amazing. 

I tried to do my work when I got home but they wouldn't let me so I thought maybe some animal planet might work, never in a million year I thought it would but it did! they sat there and watched it for 30 minutes lol

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are just beautiful and you are basking in their love!!  You are very lucky you found such loving beautiful pets.  They are equally lucky to have found you.  Enjoy them and love them. 

I love the pic of them watching Animal Planet.

Thanks for sharing.

furballsmeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are absolutely gorgeous! It's really weird that someone would abandon them, they are very sweet (and pricey) cats.

Most of the traits you listed are common in the breed.

They do love to follow you around, that's the siamese in them. 

The breed was practically wiped out after world war 2, so America started breeding some of the remaining cats with the siamese. Britain crossed the Russian Blue with the British Blue.

Then they crossed America's Russian Blue with Britain's Russian Blue.

They are quiet, very intelligent, and love food. (they can easily become obese if you don't watch their diet carefully.) They are shy around strangers, and first impressions are very important.

They have been known to play fetch, and open cabinets and doors. 

As for the wool-sucking, the cause is not the same in every cat. It could be from being taken away from it's mother too early, or anxiety from being left alone.

If it's just a mild case, it's nothing to worry about. But if it's serious, you may want to contact the vet.

You can also redirect the behaviour by having chew toys available.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ezrafitch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your input. I really appreciate it!

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They look beautiful, I can hardly believe someone would turn those two out! I am sure they will repay your kindness by bringing you joy every day.

Eric

anne with cats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They are SO CUTE intently watching Animal Planet!  My crew glance once in awhile. But they love the birdie videos on my lap top. One even enjoyed a birdie cartoon!  Howamazing that they took to you and your GF so quickly!