A funny story

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd thought that I'd share with all of you how my husband proposed to me. We were both sleeping, and I feel a tap on my head. I wake up and a very sleepy boyfriend looks at me and says, "Let's get married".
I then said, "Okay".
He then fell back asleep. I didn't know what to do. Was he dreaming? Was he joking? Where was my ring? It took me about 15 minutes, but I woke him back up and asked if he was serious. His response, "Sure."

I love my husband for this proposal. It may not be the most romantic thing that has ever happened to me, but I'll remember it for the rest of my life. Weâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve been married for four years, and I love him more now than I ever have.

butterflydream

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband proposed to me in the coffee shop we met at with me and my daughter there...it's a day I will never forget.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine proposed to me at a stop sign
in the car.
and said "I'm not good with words so.......you wanna?" and tried to put the ring on the wrong finger

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Mine proposed to me at a stop sign
in the car.
and said "I'm not good with words so.......you wanna?" and tried to put the ring on the wrong finger
You gotta bless men for trying.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and I met at a bar. Several months later, in the same bar, he proposed. Which would have been very romantic, but I was divorced, with 2 children, and he had not even met my kids yet! I told him he was stupid (bad...bad, I know). Later, after he met my kids, and we got to know each other even better, we decided to go ahead and get married. He was NOT going to propose again.

Oddly enough, several years after we married, he stopped in the same bar after work for a beer. I went into labor for our first child together, and had to call the bar for him to come home to take me to the hospital! LOL! Now we have been in a bar probably less than once a year in the past 5 years!

butterflydream

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Memories from the bar....awww. I have well I created a domestic voilence website but a second page detailing how hubby and I met and our happy ending I suppose, minus the parental drama.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL-Im glad Im not the only one that got proposed to in the bed
DH and I had been discussing marriage for some time and he finally asked me one night, while we were laying in bed!!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hubby proposed to me in nothing but a towel!!! LOL He got out of the shower, walked into the kitchen dripping wet and asked if I wanted to get married!!! I was dumbfounded!! But we did....that very weekend!!

meowsas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow love the towel story and the sleep story!

We were in bed. Early one morning on holiday. (October 1993)
Then he did it properly with a ring and on one knee new yearâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s eve. He wanted to give his parents a chance to meet me before leaping in saying we are engaged.
Then more recently he upgraded my ring from the chip it was to a one carat Diamond on Valentines Day
I treasure that ring as it was got after 9 years of marriage and so much love