A flower - weldrwomn style

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

That is very very cool!!

DH bought a welder with the intention to do things just like this. I'll have to go show him this thread!!
Your hubby could also get some great ideas and help from weldingweb.com. Working with chain is good because you can make any shape with it.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually like the pre-painted one better too. Don't know why..the painted one is awesome also. I just like the pure raw imagination that is in the unpainted one. Painting it just seems to take something away from it, in a way. Kind of like hiding what you actually did, or what it actually is. Does that make sense?

But, either way, AWESOME job!! I definitely think you could make money with things like that!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That, along with the other stunning piece you did, will be in the mail to my house on Monday right?

Work of art it is..... great job. You are indeed talented.

I never knew alot about welding, except what my hubby taught me (minor welds) and the little bit at work (which was usually done messily...not by me though, that was "a man's job" according to my boss) untill I had a friend make me a snake hook.... which takes a little more than a minor weld. I've since grown an appreciation for the difficulty of a good weld.

I do hope you continue to make items. Hmmmmm, your items are quite large, have you tried your hand at something small?

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

That, along with the other stunning piece you did, will be in the mail to my house on Monday right?

Work of art it is..... great job. You are indeed talented.

I never knew alot about welding, except what my hubby taught me (minor welds) and the little bit at work (which was usually done messily...not by me though, that was "a man's job" according to my boss) untill I had a friend make me a snake hook.... which takes a little more than a minor weld. I've since grown an appreciation for the difficulty of a good weld.

I do hope you continue to make items. Hmmmmm, your items are quite large, have you tried your hand at something small?
That flower is the largest art piece I have ever made. I also do the occasional small piece, too.

I did a really nice stainless butterfly for my sis and her hubby a while back for their wedding. http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=8141

Thanks everyone for the nice compliments!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did your sister ever receive the butterfly? What a great wedding gift!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How fun!!

Last year my mother and I went to a craft fair and someone there was selling some things along this line. Mostly for gardens and things. Everything was made from old tools or metal pieces. Some were painted and some weren't. Mom and I were fascinated! I bought my step-dad a plane and my dad a drag-racing car from them. They had lots of animals and insects of all sizes and some pet food dish holders and things like that too.

If you ever make any more pieces I'd love to see them!!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not sold anything that I have made so far. I don't have a way to do that. Welding brings me joy and I love to give people things that I have made.