A first attempt. Cats and more

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mferr84

AHHH! Eww! Why are you touching it?!?!?!

BTW, How are snails classified? Reptile, insect, etc....?
Invertibrate actually, so would slugs

And some snail info to answer some of the questions:
No, you're not supposed to keep these snails in the states, there aren't specific laws against them in Canada, but there were some "mistakes in care" in Texas a few years back and some crops were whiped out by some bonehead releasing them. It may sound cruel but I make sure that any eggs that are laid are not alive anymore by the time they leave my door. You can't spay or neuter a snail, and they can lay up to 1000 eggs at a time (once every 2-3 weeks) so keeping them all isn't an option.
It takes about 2 years for the snails to reach full size
Yes I name them. My four are Harley, Virago, Fararri and Latigra. You can't really tell which is which though. Some people will put nailpolish on the tips of their shells to identify them. I think it's being too picky, afterall, they don't have personalities.
And for all of you who are wondering....they feel really neat on your hand...you can feel the muscles moving and them sucking on your fingertips

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sylorna

And for all of you who are wondering....they feel really neat on your hand...you can feel the muscles moving and them sucking on your fingertips
Oh god, please stop!