A few vibes For Pixie Please..

iluvdevons

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am glad Pixie is feeling better
Yeah, some medicines must really taste crappy - do you have a specialty compounding pharmacy near you? We have gotten chicken flavoring added to liquid antibiotics for Hypnos. (He still wasn't crazy about it - but it went down ALOT better than the original formulation
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So it looks like Pixie is well on the road to recovery. I manage to get a look inside her mouth tonight and it's almost back to normal. There is still a little redness along her gum line but nothing like it was the other day.

Her lip is almost back to normal size and nice and pink..

She has about 4 more doses of medicine to go and I am sure she will be thrilled when that's done.

She has been exceptionally good despite everything so has most definitetly earned a special toy from the pet store next time I am there..

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wonderful news!

Pixie is being a trooper for still allowing you close enough to give her that yucky medicine. Good Girl deserves a new toy

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since I haven't seen her, and don't know her habits, this is a wild shot in the dark, but is there any chance Pixie was bitten by a mouse? Cats that go outdoors and catch mice are prone to getting lip infections from mouse bites, I hear.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Since I haven't seen her, and don't know her habits, this is a wild shot in the dark, but is there any chance Pixie was bitten by a mouse? Cats that go outdoors and catch mice are prone to getting lip infections from mouse bites, I hear.
Nope not a chance, Pixie is a indoor cat and hasn't been outside since I got her a few months ago.The vet is quite sure it's from the plaque on her teeth because her gums were red along the edge of her teeth...
Once she is better the vet wants to do a cleaning on her teeth which should prevent this from happening again...
You never know what issue's may come up with shelter kitties the first few months you have them, since Pix came to the shelter as a injured stray no one really can say for sure what her history was, so this may have been a ongoing issue.
She is doing good though and is almost back to her old happy self...