A few questions for the Americans

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Well, my DH lived in Detoit for a while and really had a bunch of crap from people for trying to use the coins! I've never had an issue on MY side of the state! We're nice over here!
Maybe my DH only ever tried to use them at liquor stores though!

Perhaps it was the days when the Canadian dollar was $1.50 per U.S. dollar. ehh...or maybe I just shop at THOSE type of places

Yea the first time I ever got scolded was a couple of years ago (actually 8 years ago) in Chicago.

Oh and it was particularly great during my second trip to London and a $20 CAN bill fell out in front of the immigration guard
I WAS SO EMBARRASSED. I quickly said "No I'm not trying to buy passage to England".
He was really cool about it though...actually he was more fascinated that The Queen was on it. I still have the bill too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

After Ryan once said SoScratchYourBum I have that stuck in my head and have to be careful that I don't actually say it
That's a good one!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sas kat chew an.....I think I can remember that! Isn't there a place...Saskatoon Saskatchewan??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Sas kat chew an.....I think I can remember that! Isn't there a place...Saskatoon Saskatchewan??
Yep! I believe IloveSiamese lives there. There's also a Moose Jaw, Eyebrow, Elbow, Drinkwater, Kandahar, Climax...

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK....maybe I do need to move to Saskatchewan!!
I would giggle every time I tell people where I live!!!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everywhere I've lived (3 different news places now) has had an Action News
and they are always craptastic, shocking, over-the-top, etc. 19ActionNews in Cleveland was my favorite with that segment with the big red screen and the person doing that creepy whisper-yell saying "everywhere" and then doing a story about Solon or Fairview Park or something like Everywhere means "just outside of Cleveland".

Canadian money fascinated me when I was little, because it was almost the same but it wasn't quite. Now i just get mad cause your quarters won't go in the pop machine.

Oh, and you want funny place names, move here. We have a Santa Fe that rhymes with Bee, and Russia that's said Roo-She, a Knockemstiff, and a Bellefontaine that's said bell fountain.