A feral cat has ear mites or fleas.

kitana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can someone please help me. I have this cat who I've been feeding for a few years. I've been meaning to fix him and I'm on a wait list to get him fixed. I have fixed several others but he was hard to catch. I'm hoping to this weekend because I got an available slot.

Okay. So, he appears to have wandered off and he returned with ear mites and or fleas.

He won't let me touch him. Is there anything that I can give him orally to eradicate this?

I'm worries I won't be able to catch him for his neuter but I'll try.

Does anyone have any advice or experience on what to give him? Anything natural or over the counter?

Please help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kitana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm gonna try to trap him to take to get fixed at a feral trap neuter release. I'm just worried he won't get trapped.

It's a free program. I try to fix as many as I can.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know much to help especially with the ear mites which is why I was wondering about the vet visit --you might check on Only Natural Pet, their products are usually pretty good.

For trapping can you get stinky mackerel sardines, or smelly Kentucky Fried chicken?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kitana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, I'll get the sardines. That's a good idea. I just gotta set several traps because I have kittens eating here now. The dad is the one with the fleas or mites. Hopefully he will go in.

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't think of anything oral for either of those. I'd say the best thing is to get him to the vet as you're planning and let the vet know to check for fleas and ear mites. While he's under anesthesia they can probably assist with that. Thanks for getting him fixed!