A Face Only a Mother Could Love :)

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The other kits in the pictures are darling as well. Keep those pics coming please. They give me such a warm feeling to see her sweet little face! I'd take her in a heart beat if I could.......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leesali

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Dana at approximately 4-weeks of age:

Glad you are enjoying her pictures...will keep them coming if she would only stay still

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH my goodness..............what a face!! Stand still little one so meowmy can get tons more pics!! What a doll!! Gosh, I wish I could reach right through this screen and give her a big kiss.

touro1979

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is really cute. I would take her in 1 second if I didnt have two set in their ways when it comes to food. It would be too to hard to keep food seperated. what exaclty is her food allergy? Is it corn or more complicated then that?

Edit: I just saw you are from long beach, I live in Queens. It really is to bad about the food allergy because I really would take but already having two cats it would be difficult with the special diet and keeping food separate.

leesali

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by touro1979

She is really cute. I would take her in 1 second if I didnt have two set in their ways when it comes to food. It would be too to hard to keep food seperated. what exaclty is her food allergy? Is it corn or more complicated then that?

Edit: I just saw you are from long beach, I live in Queens. It really is to bad about the food allergy because I really would take but already having two cats it would be difficult with the special diet and keeping food separate.
It is a bit tricky to keep everybody's food seperated; I'm presently feeding my own crew Dana's food in the event I end-up keeping Dana

Not really sure which ingredient causes her such problems but as mentioned previously, Iams & Pro Plan for kittens has something in common that causes her problems. Her present food does not contain corn or any artificial flavorings and/or colors...so maybe that's what set her off.

If you are looking to add on to your crew...I always have fosters here (no food allergies)

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ohmygoodness - I also think MY heart has melted as well.

awww bless you for taking her in and looking after her... I think she might have pulled on your heart strings a bit as well - but then again, who couldnt love that darling face

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww.. She reminds me a lot of my Rocky when I took him home.. The shelter lady said- no one wants this guy b/c of his eye. If I had room I would take her- she is cute as can be!!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am amazed at Chucky's patience with Dana.

I think that we have all fallen in love with this little one.

Please .... keep the pictures coming.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes the ones who keep getting passed over are the ones with the most gifts to offer!!!! I would encourage you to keep Dana. I know in my heart that you've found a diamond in the rough...it's usually the ones who struggle that turn into the big, robust, healthy, loving, personalities that steal our hearts forever. Keep her baby pictures...I've seen her come a long way physically just by the photos in this thread alone.

What a unique and absolutely precious little face she has!!! She'll grow to be beautiful once her health issues have been overcome, and believe me, they will. What a tough little cookie!!! You will want to keep her just for the transformation alone, which she would not have made, without you.

It was in the stars. She's meant to be with you, and you with her. And 9 cats? Ha!!! I scoff at 9!!! 9 is nothing when your heart's this big!!! You can do it!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I should mention that I'm a special education teacher, and the population of children I work with have multiple disabilities, and are usually within the severe-profound range of functioning...they have challenges beyond the comprehension of most people. People continually ask me why I do what I do, and how I have the patience. My answer is simple - I love the children and admire them greatly for their bravery, their spirit, and their perseverence. They teach ME!!! The same can be said of animals with special needs...we learn so much about patience, love, and diversity from them.

Dana will show you so much about so many things...hang on to that little girl.

leesali

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

Oh, I should mention that I'm a special education teacher, and the population of children I work with have multiple disabilities, and are usually within the severe-profound range of functioning...they have challenges beyond the comprehension of most people. People continually ask me why I do what I do, and how I have the patience. My answer is simple - I love the children and admire them greatly for their bravery, their spirit, and their perseverence. They teach ME!!! The same can be said of animals with special needs...we learn so much about patience, love, and diversity from them.

Dana will show you so much about so many things...hang on to that little girl.
What a beautiful post...I am truly moved!! God bless you for sharing in the lives of those in need.

I am also constantly asked "why do I do what I do and how do I have the patience & time". My answer is also the same as yours. These little orphaned babies, those that come in so sick, those that cry & cry for their mothers and those that have special needs...teach me & make my soul brighter!! I feel blessed to have encountered THEM!!

Not to steal Dana's thunder but I have another "special" love over here named Bob. Bob & sister Allie, I personally rescued at only hours old on a very cold March day. Long story short...vet. gave both 20% chance of life and little Bob was projected to have severe neurological problems. He would shake (convulse) so hard that he would constantly fall over. I can't possibly count the number of hours I spent locked in the "nursery" room with these two. The hours, the tears, the prayers are countless.

Bob

Bob now

I am going on & on about Bob because out of my resident crew of 7, Bob had the projected lifespan of almost ZERO and is presently the most loving, trusting & absolutely breathtaking to look at with his Bengal-like markings.

I look into Dana's eyes and tears come to my own. At this point, Dana isn't going anywhere...she is home
Will keep those pics of her coming.

Thank-you for all the uplifting posts.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have tears in my eyes after reading about Bob.
Just look at him now.
Handsome as can be.

I call that victory.

Dana

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She has an interesting, but very sweet, face... do you have any recent pics? I'm dying to see what she looks like as she grows up!

Any news on potential adoptees? Do you think that you'll keep her if no one comes?

Edit: Oh, just read your last post... seems like you are meant to take in the underdog (undercat?) kittens... I admire that a lot.
And Bob... what a handsome gentleman!

I still want recent pics, though...

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, Bob!!!! See, you had a diamond in the rough, too! Sometimes our "ugly-ducklings" turn into beautiful swans, or in this case, cats. And Bob and Dana are shining examples!

It just goes to show you how powerful love really is. And even if Dana does end up with special needs throughout her life, we should all understand that the state of disability is something that we all experience in life...some of us are born with them, some of us acquire them early in life, and others not until we are elderly!

leesali

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
More Dana...

I can't wait to see what color her eyes turn next
They used to be so blue and now they appear greenish. Her little face is always such a mess
she still shovels into her food but has finally started to clean herself.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she's absolutely adorable and the perpetually startled look makes her even cuter.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Lisa, each picture just gets cuter and cuter.........and Bob, what can I saw about that little angel?? God bless you for giving him a chance..........sometimes that's all of us ever needs........when no one else believes in us, just that one special person is sometimes all it takes.......and a good strong will, which Bob and Dana seem to have..............keep all the pics coming!!