A curious question regarding Kitty Litter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Would you please list the brand you use in this post? I don't need to know the details of your litterbox activity-
Just curious what brand you use or if you switch around?

I use Fresh Step Scoopable right now because of Paw Points-

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use "Breeders Choice" a Recycled paper, very light, easy to dispose of , good for soil, very cheap.. the cats like it , it rarely smells and is so enviromentally friendly.

sockiesmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We use the unscented Special Kitty from Wal-Mart. Socks really doesn't care as long as it's scooped in the morning and at night.

systemxpert

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I use Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat brand for multiple cats. (clumping) My 5 cats all use it. Its a good buy, 12.00 for 40lbs. The only catch is it comes in a large plastic bag that is quite heavy. I just empty it into a large tub and scoop out what I need.

jellybelly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been wanting to ask ya what do ya use!!! Thanks for posting this thread!!! I use the Tidy Cat multiple clay type also but I hate cleaning the litter box, I have one cat and I swear it seems as if I have 15. Has anyone here bought or used the LitterMaid? It is suppose to be automated and easily cleans. I'm thinking of getting it but didn't know how effective it was and it's a bit pricey so I was surfing e-bay but still it's expensive.
Any advice?

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A brand called 'Breeder's Choice'. It's lightweight recycled paper and apparently great for the garden too, though never tried it as I throw it all away in the bin. It looks like grey rabbit pellets.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I first got Peaches I used Fresh Step. I don't think she liked it so I switched to Arm & Hammer non-scented clumping litter.

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup!!!

Especially when I had to train Russell from dirt, then to clay litter which I found to be smelly and messy and finally Breeder's Choice.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We used to use Vitapet- and then a clumping one and now we will never go off Breeders Choice and it's real good because if cats try and eat it , it will digest unlike some clumping type

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've only ever had Esper sleep in it. But that was after we had just moved so it was a stress related behaviour and luckily not ongoing, otherwise bath time would have to be more regular.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tidy Cats clumping. And of all their multi-cat formulas, I prefer the one with the green label, which is some type of antibacterial.

Jellybelly: Airprincess has used the Litter Maid since I've known her, and she loves it!