A confession

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GloriaJH

They were loved, that's the best life you could have given them - so don't be afraid of what others think - you know what is best for you to heal.
Exactly...you are all so very, very sweet. Everyone grieves differently. I have actually put a notice in the obituary for my pets with poems to go along with it. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve also slept for months with a collar or a favorite toy under my pillow.

I also have a habit of mourning the animals that nobody loved. The dog or cat at the rescue that was found a stray that no one wanted and had to be put to sleep. I like to think at least one person cried for them, they deserved at least that. Do people look at me funny when I tell them that? Hell ya they do. To me they are weird, not me… how can loving something be weird?

You are all so wonderful.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BaloneysMom

I also have a habit of mourning the animals that nobody loved. The dog or cat at the rescue that was found a stray that no one wanted and had to be put to sleep. I like to think at least one person cried for them, they deserved at least that. Do people look at me funny when I tell them that? Hell ya they do. To me they are weird, not me… how can loving something be weird?
That is beautiful - it is why I will go to shelters in strange cities & visit the kitties there. Some people tell me that it's cruel because I'm just going to leave them there, but IMO, I have given love & comfort & I pray over them -sometimes it works & they do get adopted out right after
Others tell me that it's weird, cuz it's a sad place, but, hey, aren't those the places where someone needs a visit the most? the old people's homes, the animal shelter, the jails etc

With Joey, I didn't think to trim any fur. I did cut off my long hair & cover him with it - I loved my long hair, but I love my Joey more
I plan to hold a memorial & paint some rocks to decorate his grave. I am just waiting for my older daughter & my grandson to be able to attend.